2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who has installed a sub and amp into the civic, experienced or experiencing that when the bass kicks in, sometimes there is a rattle from the dash? I think its the part of the dash that unclips under the clock? Not sure, just wondered on your views? And how you fixed it?

Thanks

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
Hi Shah85, welcome to the site,

You'll find more rattles in the Civic dash than you'll find in Mothercare. Having a sub in the boot will only emphasise this fact. If you want to start trying to derattle the dash you've got your work cut out, as soon as you start pulling it apart, the plastics will start to loosen and you'll end up with more rattles and creaks than you started with, if you can tune your sub, you might be able to tweak it to reduce the rattles (they may only occur at certain frequencies). Alternatively, getting a pro to soundproof the interior and dash will help.

Damian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right Ok. Sounds Like I Will Have To Just Get Used To The Rattles. Your Right Though, Its Only Certain Frequencies The Bass Can Create Rattles.

At Least Its Normal For The Civic To Rattle, That Apart Its A Class Car.

I Assume Because I Put My Own Headunit In, And Took Apark The Dash, The Parts Have Loosen Like You Said.

I Wondered If Putting That Dynamic Sound Proofing In The Dash Would Help?

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you are talking about Dynomat, or an equivalent, then it will definitely reduce the vibrations, after all thats what it was designed for. You don't need to cover the whole panel with it either, just a nicely placed piece will suffice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts