2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ye so just got a quote from ray smith and they said it will be 400 to get a 450w sub in my car with a built in amp. So i thought thats quite dear and was wondering if i get a sub separetaly for a cheap price and then pay for install.
So do you know if that would work and where i can get a cheap sub with a built-in amp.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buy a copy of Max Power as it has the most adverts for ice, then buy the stuff over the phone or on-line. Got mine from ICE-DIRECT. Don't get cheapo amps though, i've blown 3 cheap SPLX - i've now got a kenwood which seems rock solid. I got charged a hundred quid from MRD in Bathgate to install amp and wire up to sony speakers / subs.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
go for a vibe sub box with built in amp, they are cheap on ebay and around £250 new. wireing kit for £20 and a loc for £4.99 from halfords. should take no more than 2 hours. done mine acouple of weeks ago, brings the stereo to life now.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Hey,

I recently brought this sub and amp setup off Ebay and it was installed in my previous 307. At present it's sat in the living room (yeah, I'm not well loved my the other half at the moment) awaiting fitting into the Civic as and when I decide to use a LOC or more fancy processor.

The amp is here :

KENWOOD KAC 8103D 1CHANNEL MONO 1000W CAR AMP AMPLIFIER on eBay, also Mono, Amplifiers, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 15-Jun-08 09:31:36 BST)

Subb is here :

Kenwood KFC W3011 1200W Car 12" Sub Speaker box woofer on eBay, also Sub-Woofers Tubes, Speakers, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Jun-08 06:51:46 BST)

In the Pug once it loosened up it was great, really nice bass and powerful. For me to say this means I was impressed as I used to run 2 x 15" subs in the car I had before the 307 & so was used to low, deep bass.

For the money you cant go wrong, this lot is about £150 with postage. Throw in a wiring kit for say £40, LOC £10 and your there.

It's not a combined unit and in the Pug I built a false floor to house the amp, but for the Civic I am going to bolt the amp on the bass box and use a pair of connectors for power, remote turn on and RCA connections.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts