2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Had 07 civic a year or so give or take and 20 odd k fsh. Aways clonked and banged, clicked you name it and its done it:(.

Dealer did subframe grease and tighten and semi silenced it for a few weeks but now 50% of the time its at it again, sometimes pure silence over bumps deviations etc and other times the subframe noise is back.

Two dealers had alook at it and done drop links re done top mounts and checked bump stops etc. Out of warranty now but dealers could never hear it when it was in warranty, sounds familiar eh.

HOW CAN THE SUBFRAME ISSUE BE FIXED, or can't it?. Is there any brace that is available to stop this noise or are they just to stop flex,and if so can any one give me info?

Please help as the issue is doing my head in?:mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone tried one of these to actually stop the subframe noise and it worked?

Thanks for the reply as i am at my wits end with the noise, car is absolutely pristine inside and out drives superb but the noise from the subframe is a pain.:mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can the top mounts be intermittent when going over speed bumps and deviations in road. Some times no noise and others knocking and cracking.

Dealer defo done subframe, drop links but the top mounts i did not see get checked/redone and they are 100% economical with the truth even though they said they had done so?

These have been checked on the ramps at my local garage but at the time no noise was happening in the drive.

Can the top mounts be at fault intermittent and feel ok when checked but still be the problem when stripped down and checked visually?

Help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts