2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Not asking what this is as Ive seen enough posts. But what im trying to find out is how many of people who have had this problem get something done about it under warranty and how many have to pay, and what they paid.
I have the problem and a Honda wear and tear warranty but my dealership wont do it as it doesnt fit wear and tear. Just wondering if thats standard or do some Honda dealers do it and some dont.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I got mine done through warranty

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi guys,

Not asking what this is as Ive seen enough posts. But what im trying to find out is how many of people who have had this problem get something done about it under warranty and how many have to pay, and what they paid.
I have the problem and a Honda wear and tear warranty but my dealership wont do it as it doesnt fit wear and tear. Just wondering if thats standard or do some Honda dealers do it and some dont.

Thanks
But its not wear and tear, it's a know fault and has been since 2006. I think there is even a Honda service bulletin about it. Initially dealers were changing the sub-frame (or saying they were), but now it's new bushes I believe.

How old is your Civic?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its an 07 Type S, ok so its not wear and tear, the question still remains I guess I have a Honda full warranty with wear and tear, should it be done under that?
Also is it actual bushes wearing out? grease drying up or something else? what actually causes the clicking?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I thought it was the subframe bolts that needed removing and greasing rather than the bushes. Mines going in to Honda tomorrow to be looked at along with clutch creaks.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
All done under waranty for me as well. They replaced loads of things trying to solve it:) New Pedal box, Clutch slave cylender i think - Then brought it back again for the sub-frame fix = No more clicking plus load of new parts:)

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Mines out of warranty. Cost me £45 from Honda and no more noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the dreaded click noise, as my car is out of warranty, I decided to tighten the subframe bolts up myself both sides. (Did not go down the grease route, just tightend them). I was suprised to find how many turns I could get. Now the car feels a lot better and no more metallic clicks. I think it was 17mm and 19mm sockets I used.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
i got mine done under the "used warranty" but i did take in a printout of the problem and the bulletin number from this site and the dealer never argued.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
i got mine done under the "used warranty" but i did take in a printout of the problem and the bulletin number from this site and the dealer never argued.
Got a linky for that bulletin? On my phone at the mo. :oops:

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
it's bulletin N0 HUK000000001136
will get the print out from work tomorrow and find the thread

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went to my dealer with this but apparantly normal warranty applis is first 3 years only so as mine is on extended warranty then they still wont budge.
Thanks so much for the bulletin, I think ill have a go myself first.... how hard can it be? :)

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Went to my dealer with this but apparantly normal warranty applis is first 3 years only so as mine is on extended warranty then they still wont budge.
Thanks so much for the bulletin, I think ill have a go myself first.... how hard can it be? :)
Why don't you try another dealer mate?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, Ive decided to have a go myself as theres pictures and directions. Does anyone know what they bolts have to be torqued to when they get retightened or is "as much as you can" good enough, and I take it not havine ever looked under my car that you have to take the plastic cover off to do this? is that pretty straightforward? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, Ive decided to have a go myself as theres pictures and directions. Does anyone know what they bolts have to be torqued to when they get retightened or is "as much as you can" good enough, and I take it not havine ever looked under my car that you have to take the plastic cover off to do this? is that pretty straightforward? Thanks

No plastic covers to take off. Maybe just try tightening them up first. Worked ok on mine without applying grease.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine did this until i had gearbox out for 3rd gear, didnt do it afterwards so i guess they were tightened more on reassembly.

Changed my oil yesterday, and while i was under i checked the bolts and found them impossible to tighten any more.
Before you go through all the hassle of undoing and lubeing just give them a good old tighten.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I'd try another dealer. This is actually a known problem and should be fixed if under the used warranty.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts