2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a solution to this? Is there any chance Honda would sort for free? 0:)

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts

·
4,275 Posts
I'll be trying out a set of stiff rings that are about a third of the price.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I just stick some washers in? :laugh2:

·
4,275 Posts
You need to lock them together not space them xD

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grease and rebolt for me then :wink3:

·
4,275 Posts
Their design is different to Spoon's as I was going to buy some myself.

Several members over different forums all said the same thing; that they still had the subframe click after fitting. I was going to get some Spoon ones but the company below manufacture them and at a third of the cost apparently.

Stiff Ring - Redefine Chassis Stability

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Their design is different to Spoon's as I was going to buy some myself.

Several members over different forums all said the same thing; that they still had the subframe click after fitting. I was going to get some Spoon ones but the company below manufacture them and at a third of the cost apparently.

Stiff Ring - Redefine Chassis Stability
On Tegiwa's website the description says their collars eradicate the subframe click problem. Surely if they've sold loads of these and haven't solved the problem like stated, they'll have lots of complaints and unhappy customers. Plus, tegiwa normally just copy the original product.

I'm not disputing you Muse, would just like to know the difference exactly. I've greased the surfaces and torqued the bolts to spec as per the bulletin, but the noise returns eventually.

·
4,275 Posts
Plenty of happy reviews here:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/tegiwa-imports/105838-rigid-collar-set-14.html

It's the risk you take, I'm only going off what several people have either told me or I read on build threads. I run with a few Tegiwa bits and the quality is OK but not perfect as to be expected for the budget. Except for their fog scoops, they're actually lush (just hoping the fit is perfect lol)

Tegiwa's design is slightly different as it's more of a washer with a tapered sleeve whereas spoon's locks the two together and is tapered on both sides.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Plenty of happy reviews here:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/tegiwa-imports/105838-rigid-collar-set-14.html

It's the risk you take, I'm only going off what several people have either told me or I read on build threads. I run with a few Tegiwa bits and the quality is OK but not perfect as to be expected for the budget. Except for their fog scoops, they're actually lush (just hoping the fit is perfect lol)

Tegiwa's design is slightly different as it's more of a washer with a tapered sleeve whereas spoon's locks the two together and is tapered on both sides.
Thanks Muse, just the info I was after :smile3:
Lots of info there and as you say, the Tegiwa versions are not the same as the Spoon's.

I look forward to seeing your scoops fitted 👍🏻

·
4,275 Posts
Grinspeed did mine and it never came back, will do until I get the collars fitted

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I fitted tegiwa ones and never had the issue ....... But spoon will undoubtably be better quality

1 - 15 of 15 Posts