2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm keen to begin some modifications to my civic, but I want to keep them subtle, maybe even understated, some ideas
Springs (just a slight drop)
Wheels (18's grey, not black)
Engine work (quiet yet effective)

Any other ideas?

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
I'm keen to begin some modifications to my civic, but I want to keep them subtle, maybe even understated, some ideas
Springs (just a slight drop)
Wheels (18's grey, not black)
Engine work (quiet yet effective)

Any other ideas?
I understand that Eibach do a kit for the 9G's, but i've not yet looked into it too much.

Honda do some great looking alloys for the 9G in the form of Krypton, Hydrogen and Radium. Cox Motors sell them on their site (Alloy Wheels : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories). Previous Honda wheels do fit i am led to believe, but i think they require a 5mm spacer to fit correctly.

Depending on what engine you have, there should be a few mild mods you can do. Diesels generally don't achieve much in th eway of gains in the bolt on department, and the best way to go is usually a re-map, but currently they are still working on a way around the ECU security. Panel filters and exhausts may net you a very small increase. The petrols should have more available to them in the form of quick/easy bolt on goodies. I think there may be a wait for a decent induction kit, but panel filters i think are available, and i think there may be a couple of exhaust options? Again, not looked into this, so i'm sure someone can confirm the above.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Colour coding prob the first for the arches,eibachs do a set of lowering springs drop the rear by 25mm and front but 30mm wheels either a nice set of type r alloys/rage to fill the arches or the krypton alloys would be nice.

I've not seen much on engine mods but I've had a little look into making a cai for mines see if any difference will make to engine throttle response

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Team Heko Wind deflectors are definitely subtle yet stylish and make a nice difference to the car once fitted. In my opinion of course ;-)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm a teacher so I've got to keep my mods subtle, otherwise my pupils will have field day!!!

I saw these alloys, any thoughts?
Buy 18 Inch Wolfrace Padua Graphite Alloy Wheels | 18 inch Alloys | Wolfrace Alloys

Out of interest, I was looking at the honda krypton alloys which are about 180 each, how does it become £2300 as a full wheelset? Are a set of tyres about £1400.
Sounds a bit much. I paid for a full wheelset with kryptons and pirelli p zeros about 1500 €

1 - 8 of 8 Posts