2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little underwhelmed by the sub-woofer that came with my 2014 civic so i am looking to upgrade it.

Has anyone done this?, would i need to fit an aftermarket head unit or could i use the standard one?, and if i could use the standard one, would i have to fit RCA and a remote cable to go with the power cables?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am a little underwhelmed by the sub-woofer that came with my 2014 civic so i am looking to upgrade it.

Has anyone done this?, would i need to fit an aftermarket head unit or could i use the standard one?, and if i could use the standard one, would i have to fit RCA and a remote cable to go with the power cables?
I'm sure you can still use the standard HU. But it may get tricky since you are seemingly using the Premium Sound system. The tricky part lies with the Amplifier that comes with car.

On a none Premium Sound system Civic, to add a subwoofer, you would get a 2 Channel Line Output Converter, to get signal from the factory HU to the Amplifier powering the new Subwoofer.

With the Premium Sound, you MIGHT need the Rockford Fosegate DSR1 Digital Signal Processor if you are adding a Subwoofer with a separate Amplifier while you wish to keep your factory HU. (It maybe better to replace all other speakers and add a 5 Channel Amp to drive the 4 Speakers plus your new Subwoofer).

Alternatively, you MIGHT be able to get an aftermarket Subwoofer of the same size as the one you found in the car and just replace the factory sub with it. I'm just not sure if the factory amp can produce enough power to drive an aftermarket sub.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts