2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I kindly would like to request your help since I am thinking about a Project that has always been a delayed ideia in my mind, but due to recent happenings it's back on table!
I am thinking about buying a 2din Android.
I know there are posts about it, but I'm looking for some sugestions to my case in particular.
I am looking for a 2din Android, capable of recording from a dashcam, and capable of installing also a reverse camera; With GPS (satnav), bluetooth and OS that alows double screen (To use half for displaying dashcam and other half for other program).
The point is, I need a dashcam as small and discrete as it can be, because the law in Portugal doesn't allow getting public images. (But if I had one some weeks ago, I would be having proofs...Usual stuff).
So I need your advice about brands, models, prices and places to get it (that ship to Portugal - From UK or from Europe, with 100% sure I won't have problems with warranty in case something doesn't work), and I will need also fascia for LHD and Connects2, since I have the OEM radio.

I will take the chance to make another question and ask your help in case I upgrade the radio for a 2din Android....If i have to get another battery with more capacity (I am using the OEM one too) ?

Thanks in advance for all the help and information you can give.

Best Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont know much, i just bought the car last week and trying to put all the info together now to change the stereo. In terms of unit, I am going for latest android 8.0 with quad core + 4GB ram. Xtron, enon, and pumpkin provide this.

You also need the fascia + the connects2 kit so steering wheel control and clock will work.

Then its a case of replacing the old unit. There is a video of it in my previous post.

I am still trying to figure out how to run the reverse camera cable under the carpet or somethings. Then I will buy the parts and swap the stereo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

When you do so, please keep me informed :D

I'm having "problems" choosing the stuff to buy. But I need rear and front (dash) camera, and LHD fascia (+ connects2).

Regards and Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts