2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I spent today (10:00 - 19:30) detailing the Civic as it was in dyer need of one since I bought it back in January.

Anyway the process went like this:

- Wheels cleaned using Wolf's Chemical Wheel Cleaner (cracking stuff this)
- Front bumper and arches sprayed with Megs APC, agitated then rinsed.
- 2 bucket wash using Chemical Guys (CG) Citrus Wash & Gloss
- Dried with waffle towel
- Whole car clayed using soft/medium clay and CG clay lube
- 2 bucket wash and then dried again
- Minor correction and polishing using a combination of compound pad and CG Swirl Remover Polish and polishing pad and CG Pro Polish
- Poorboys Black hole glaze applied
- Dodo Juice Blue Velvet wax/sealant (applied and left to cure for 30 mins then buffed off) 2 coats
- Alloys sealed using RimWax
- Tyres dressed using CG New Look Trim Gel
- Windows cleaned
- Plastics dressed with AG Bumper Care

And finally I put my new 'Type R' decals on when all was finished (used some spirits to remove layer of wax before applying decals then reapplied wax afterwards ;))

All in all I'm impressed with the finish, the paint is very soft and the bonnet looks a state now that I've cleaned it up (stone chips everywhere). This is also the first time that I've tried the Dodo Juice stuff so I'll have to see how long it last and how well it does :p

On with the pictures:

It started raining a few minutes ago so I nipped outside for some beading shots :popcorn2:

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
awesome matey, shame it rained, right hacks me off after spending so long getting her pretty. car looking superb though pal.

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Good work and nice beading shots.
Dodo waxes don't stay long but they give supreme shine. They better working when next coat is next day so if you have time try one more apply but its great

Reactions: parsco

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Black looks superb when polished - almost mirror-like close up!

Absolutely cracking in the pics dude!

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Very top job mate. Makes me feel like I've been neglecting my Mistress!!

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Great job. Just looking at those makes me realise how dirty mine is at the moment. Will have to get cracking ;-)

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Top job, putting mine to shame.

Any idea if the wheel cleaner is any good at getting off dirt that is welded to the alloy (more like the corrosion you get on the alloy if not cleaned regularly)? My rages have not been looked after by previous owner and some dirt will not shift.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Top job, putting mine to shame.

Any idea if the wheel cleaner is any good at getting off dirt that is welded to the alloy (more like the corrosion you get on the alloy if not cleaned regularly)? My rages have not been looked after by previous owner and some dirt will not shift.
There are two types of Wolf's wheel cleaner and I've bought the ph neutral stuff so you might need the stronger stuff with some agitation ;)

Superb job and spot on with the techniques and products
Well done!!
BTW...Dodo Juice now have a sealer/wax combo which delivers great performance and durability
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cleaning/55826-dodo-juice-supernatural-hybrid-paste-sealant.html
Cheers Robbo, I did see that thread and had already bought a sample pot of Dodo Juice, think I might have to invest in some of the hybrid paste though :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts