2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sumo Power and our Parent company JRM are running 2 teams in the FIA GT1 world championship this year and are currently out in Abu Dhabi for the first round of this exciting championship (I was lucky enough to be behind the scenes at Silverstone and Nurburgring last year with SPGT ..epic!!)

You can watch us live at www.gt1world.com or www.sumopowergt.com or www.jrm-racing.com

Both teams run a pair of Nissan R35 GT-R's which are built and maintained at our facility here in Rye ,East Sussex (same place you can have your service or Geo done..madness lol!!!)

We are hoping for good results this season and hopefully will see some of you guys there cheering us on at Silverstone for our home country race this year :popcorn::cool:

Cazza x :frankie:

Attachments

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
very nice cazza, i'll be watching.
thanks for the info. :D

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Awesome setups....would love to see them up close in action.

I also spy your bro in the first pic! lol

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
Just watched the race at abu dhabi on bloomberg......very good race
2nd, 3rd, 4th ,8th.....good showing and all nissans finished . :D

championship race is on at 15.00 on bloomberg. sky channel 502

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Well spotted Mr Kelly , he's the Sumo team principal :D
:D
Im good! LOL

If they need any extra help then let me know. :) Hell if they want to make me tea boy i'd be happy! :D

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sumo Power GT narrowly miss out on a podium finish!
FIA GT1 World Championship – Round One:
Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi 
- 26 March 2011
The Sumo Power GT team returned for its second season in the FIA GT1 World Championship with a vengeance this weekend, its first 2011 encounter at the impressive Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi. The Brazilian paring of Enrique Bernoldi and Ricardo Zonta in Nissan GT-R #20 scored a fourth-place finish in Saturday morning’s race one, before Enrique went on to dominate the first-half of race two after a blistering start punched him into the lead. Sadly, after the obligatory pit stop a Ford GT crashed into teammate Ricardo as he was driving down the pit lane following the mid-race tyre and driver swap. The Ford earned a drive-through penalty for this move but for the Sumo car it meant a punctured tyre and slow lap round back to the pits, scuppering any chance of a decent finishing position…
Their team-mates David Brabham and Jamie Campbell-Walter in Nissan GT-R #21 had a mixed weekend as well: Although setting front-running times in qualifying and both races, technical problems meant that the highly experienced Anglo-Australian driver pairing came away from the event scoring eighth and ninth-place finishes in the two races.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts