2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, i see that sumo power offer a black rear light cover for the honda civics. I had some time on my hand so i decided to make a mock one out off paper and black bin bags lol! Looking for some views and opinion to if i should get the one offered by sumo power for £10 as it is an easy job and i dont intend to spend money on tinting or smoking. Also i havent colour coded my bumpers so... hope fully it wont look too out of place with the grey trim. Oh yea no red "H" badge is on there, just as result from stock backing.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Honda
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Trunk
Honda Red Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the 2009 honda type s and i am aware that the reversing light is a different shape, but will it matter that much? I just assume that half of it will just be hidden?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where about is the fog light located in the centre panel? i only see a reverse light on mines

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
dunno mate i think its a foglight issue iirc the foglight on mine would be covered by it, yours may be different
You're right for the standard type-s centre panel as it has the fog light in it. The fog light on the FN2 is in light housing next to the centre panel between the indicator unit :) .

where about is the fog light located in the centre panel? i only see a reverse light on mines
If you've got the type-r centre light panel (as I think you have judging from the pics) then it only houses the reverse lights as you say so you're good to go with the sumo wrap if you're going that route :D

Reactions: Winson

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i actually only got the stock type s panel and its the different one from the 2009 face lift? the reverse lights are larger than ones previously but my fog lights are located in the panel next to the centre panel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think the black would contrast and make the stock type s "H" look like a type r one lol

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Check where your foggy is before ordering mate!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
i actually only got the stock type s panel and its the different one from the 2009 face lift? the reverse lights are larger than ones previously but my fog lights are located in the panel next to the centre panel.
You should be okay then :)

Reactions: Winson

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I was thinking of going for the sumo wrap, and not bothering about the fog light as I rarely ever use it. Just wondering would it be a MoT issue ??
It would be an MOT fail afaik, you have to have a rear fog light operational and visible, however front fogs are not compulsory for an MOT.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You don't need to have dual reverse lights though - what's to stop you sticking a red bulb in one of the housings and wiring it up?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I suppose there may be some light intensity regs?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Hmm so you could technically do this if you got a High Intensity Red Push Fit buld like the reverse light and changed the wiring???

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
on the my09 onwards the foglight problem isn't an issue cos it is in the light to the side of the rear blazer like on the type r, so don't worry about that.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.