2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yup mine started doing it this week :-/ took it to Honda as it under warrenty and they said it "maybe" covered, and to fix it is a roof liner out job :-/ should be going In next week to see if its covered by the warrenty!!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
apparently HUK won't cover a warranty claim on these now......
this info came from a reputable dealership

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lucky for me the garage i had the car off have agreed to let honda fix it ,the cars booked in thursday to see what the problem could be,worst case sanario new guides which only cost £17 then a further 4 x £79 per hour labour then vat, glad its not me paying for it.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apparently HUK won't cover a warranty claim on these now......
this info came from a reputable dealership
the garage i got the car from didn't want to pay the £462 brindley wolverhampton quoted because of the labour rate £79 and said they was going to get their machanic to fix it i said i wasn't prepared to to travel 150 mile round trip plus hang around for 5 hours while they tried to fix it so i told them i will contact honda uk on their behalf to see if they would contribute towards the costs and after i told them this is a common problem they said they would see what they could do,your right they wont cover the full amount but i got a call from mat from honda uk telling me they will cover the parts and 2.5 hours labour leaving the garage i had the car from just to pay 2 hours labour plus vat ,result.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
honda def do cover this if the car is still under manufacturer warranty.grease in the guide shoes causes them to crack and jam then shoot back.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
:D good news!!

looks like a certain dealership (salesperson) from north wales was talking crap then...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.