2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anyone has rattle in the panoramic sunroof? It's a plasticky sound. I tried WD40 but no result so far.

Thx
Greg

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please help! My dealer could not find a fix, has anyone experienced this kind of rattle. It's not coming from the headliner, it's definitely coming from the moving part of the sunroof. Harsh and loud noise when on bad surfaces or when the body of the car is flexing.

I tried textil tape, no result.

Thanks
Greg

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Just want to check what vehicle this is on as you've posted in the 10G section but user has you with a CTR / Cr-Z?

If it is a 10G, Or otherwise in warranty, I'd take a recording of the sound and take it back to the dealer again, as it's their job to get it fixed:- If not, try a different dealer and then Honda national / UK (EU Head office)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
No ours is Quiet.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Hi,
does anyone has rattle in the panoramic sunroof? It's a plasticky sound. I tried WD40 but no result so far.

Thx
Greg
I've posted this elsewhere here, but just in case it helps, I had an almost constant plasticky sound coming from my panoramic roof so what I did was open it fully, then from outside, applied silicone lubricant around the entire outside edges of the glass roof, and then applied it to all the rubber and plastic seals around the opening making sure I got it everywhere where the class roof will contact the seal. Doing that cured my problem completely and it's now completely silent. The silicone lubricant I got from Halfords was a spray can and a quick test before hand demonstrated that it would clearly go everywhere if you just spray it, so I sprayed a load into a bowl and then wore a rubber glove to dip my finger in and rub the solution all over as stated above.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
But still, surely things like this should be done/applied at the factory.. Not for owners to have to go out and find a solution for themselves... Just keep pushing back on the dealer, that way this gets fed to Honda and they can introduce something during the build...
Simples!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts