2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front blind will sometimes fail to retract - if you poke it (raising it slightly in its tracks) it will pop backwards to where it should be. Rear blind is unaffected and it appears to close just fine.

Anyone experienced this before and have any ideas on what's causing it and how to fix it?

59 plate face-lift model if it matters.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
This seems to be a fairly regular issue with Honda wanting to replace the entire thing.
Not sure if anyone has come up with a fix; mine did it intermittently for a while but is now fine again...

·
Registered
414 Posts
It's a pretty big job to replace the "slippers" that it runs on. The headlining has to come out. When mine was done (under warranty) the dealer said it took pretty much all day. I suggest you try a bit of silicone spray on the runners and hope it sorts itself out (or just open the blinds and leave them alone).

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
the 2 rail guides need replacing approx £20 each then there's 4½ hours labour on top then vat ,i was lucky i got honda uk to contribute towards the costs they supplied the rail guides and 3 hours labour..

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Luckily mines did it the day I picked it up so the garage did it under warranty - as has been said its a big job.

To be honest I've never closed mine since I've own the car.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Mine did it for about the second year I had it. I was on warranty but I decided not to replace the whole roof since it would be in no way like the one from the factory. Now it works fine, thanking me for not changing it!!!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts