2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my new Civic on Thursday after a 17 week wait. I am going to be making a few posts today to see if my fellow Civic owners can answer a few questions I have, however this is the post I am making first.

Having used the known fault checklist when picking up my car, it seems that my car doesn't suffer with any of the known issues and I am really pleased with it.

This is probably going to sound rather trivial but one thing that is irritating me is the warning sticker stuck to the sunvisor about child seats and front airbags. I want to remove the sticker from the outside of the visor but it seems stuck fast.

Does this bug anyone else and has anybody managed to remove it?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why would this bug anyone?

There's a reason (and a very good one at that) for it being there so I would say leave it.

The car's next owner may need that information.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are three stickers. One on the outside of the visor, one on the inside and one stuck to the windscreen. In my opinion the one the outside of the visor is too large and intrusive.

I thought that in most cars it was not recommended to put child seats in the front seat unless the airbag was switched off and don't see the need for all three stickers. Given that the car is likely to be owned by me or my family for the next six years I would prefer not to have the sticker there.

Don't think it will budge so think it might just have to stay.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
If you are really really finding it that much of a pain, there is potentially a solution :D (maybe!)

As an educated guess, this sticker is stuck to the passenger side sun visor.

Which, in a LHD model, would be the right hand side one...
And therefore not on the left hadn side one.

possibly, you could order a LHD spec left hand sun visor :D

obviously, would be worth double checking first, but gut feel says it could be a winner :D

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
On my Renault, that sticker is on both sunvisors... And of course started peeling off, so that when you lean forward (to look at a sign or whatever) it sticks to your hair and you pull some out every time...

I pulled off the one from the passenger side when it had fallen 2/3rds down anyway but that sticky stuff is rather nasty. Polished it with all gentle cleaners I could think of, but the visor is still slightly sticky.

I haven't tackled the one on the driver side yet, but then the car will be swapped for my rocketship on Saturday, so I can keep my hair...

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
The sticker is there as it has to be, and as it's permanently fixed you'll damage the sunvisor if you try to remove it.
Can't say i've been distracted by a sunvisor at all nor noticed the label too much.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
it's part of the NCAP test! if it was not there the Civic would have got a 3*

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
it's part of the NCAP test! if it was not there the Civic would have got a 3*
Just on the NCAP results for the civic yes Honda thought they would
get 5* but just missed out and were awarded 4* for it
some people seemed to think this was poor
4* is still an extremly safe car - and most of the people who have been unfortunate enough to have accidents in their civics so far have fine
and able to walk away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts