2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone had any of the paint treatments applied to their Civic. My dad took delivery of his Civic this week, and I am not sure they have applied the Supaguard. When it rained yesterday, the water just sat on the car like normal. I was under the impression that the water would almost 'fall' off the car - similar to the way Rain-X works.

Is there any way of checking that it has been put on the car, or if so how well it has been applied.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You should get a certificate from Supaguard in the Post, mine arrived 4 weeks after I picked the car up.

·
Registered
975 Posts
overpriced but does keep it nice and shiny.

·
Registered
975 Posts
how do you tell if it is ?

inside i noticed some streaks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had SuperGard applied to my previous car - I liked it as it did make getting a reasonable finish easier than it would otherwise be. Had to apply the "top up cream" every 4 months or so, though.

Haven't gone for it this time as I didn't want to pay that much - for the old car I got it free as part-compensation for the car being delivered 6 months after it was originally promised, but that's another story... I'm currently tempted to try a DIY application as it seems reasonably easy to get hold of the kits the dealers use on certain online auction sites. Anyone tried that? I've already got hold a can of the interior upholstery/carpet protection spray very cheaply - I applied it last week but have yet to spill anything on it to see if it works... with a newborn baby who has a tendancy to throw up a lot, though, I'm sure it wont be long! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts