2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody get this offered by their dealer? did you take it? and what is your opinion on it?

I had it done, interior stuff scotchguard etc very good, but not sure what it has done for my paintwork as I've not been able to compair to one that hasn't.

Fed, I don't think you have it on you new baby?!?! am I right?

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WonkySights said:
Yep, I got offered it and took it. My last car was Supaguarded, if you've got kids I'd recommend it.
Got one arriving in September so thought best to have it ;)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Yup I got it done (got kids) :)

Maybe Pottsy, Gissing and myself need a Cosmic Grey meetup to compare ;)

Offered quite a reasonable price for getting it done if I took out their own 3yr GAP cover as well.

·
Banned
44 Posts
It came as standard on mine. Also got a kit with polish, shampoo, and a nice fluffy duster. Still recon whirtle tax is best for paintwork.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I'm sure there are ways to get hold of it... one suggestion, if you're lucky some people (JetJocky?) get given the leftovers of what they applied to your vehicle, I recall I got enough to do another coating on my Focus a good few years ago.

Maybe do a deal if anyone on here is kind enough to offer any leftovers that they may have been lucky to get hold of?

Ebay also looks good if you search for "supaguard" e.g. http://tinyurl.com/hu4u9

Fedorov.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nick said:
how much does this "supaguard" cost, i wasn't informed anything bout this.
Mine was £350 i think, regionally variations my apply :) just google it, there are aftersales firms that will apply it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was offered it at about £350 but I turned it down. I use Maguires Gold Glass Shampoo and Polish its the best stuff ever. Gives a fantastic shine and no swirl marks even on Nighthawk Black. Easy to use too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was offered it at about £350 but I turned it down. I use Maguires Gold Glass Shampoo and Polish its the best stuff ever. Gives a fantastic shine and no swirl marks even on Nighthawk Black. Easy to use too.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I presume I could use this Meguiar's shampoo on top of my SilverSeal coated Civic then?

Best place to buy the Meguiar stuff in the UK?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I was offered it at about £350 but I turned it down.
Yes, me too. I do mine with Autoglym shampoo, using a Meguiars lambswool mitt. It's important to have your bucket of suds and a bucket of clean water, and dip your mitt into the clean water to remove any grit before revisiting the suds bucket. Finish the car off with a good chamois leather

I had paintwork swirls due to bad application of Supaguard on an Audi a few years back and as a result don't get it any more. Your at the mercy of the person applying it for a good job. I've got to say, that if done correctly, Supaguard does look good

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Think I'll get their Gold Class shampoo and woolen wash mitt glove :)

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fedorov said:
Think I'll get their Gold Class shampoo and woolen wash mitt glove :)
I got a real leather/wool mitt for just giving the car a finish after chamois off, shine comes up nicely.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts