·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Looks like a J's half mani copy, prob a reason no one has one :worms:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

i just got an email reagrds this thread from a customer so i though i would put my input in, im Marc from SSPerformance whom Dsvtec07 linked .

Just to note a few things, the manifold is not a copy of anything- this was designed and made buy and and for us.
If , Guitaralmond or tdi-north have anything to justify their comments please just post up and i will reply .

the manifold is made from SS304 and comes with full warranty, we have sold quite a few via trade channels and havent had an issue at all.

Im here to help or answer any questions you guys have , just PM or email

yours
Marc

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
1. You stated in your webpage that it replaces the stock "cast" manifold. You have since edited this out. You clearly don't know what is OEM until pointed out.

2. You have no trading address, contact number etc on your website that I can find which indicates you are just another internet trading company handling flow of parts. Nothing wrong with that but does mean you don't manufacture yourself.
(It's my understanding that if trading by law you should have contact details and company number but may be wrong here. I have always been picked up on it)

3. I have seen this manifold before. Offered to me along with other parts mass produced in China at very good prices if bought in bulk. They even offer my own branding on packaging or even plates welded to the parts.

4. I don't think it will "break" as such but it is crush bent compared to mandrel bent and tig welded which you claim on teh website. It can clearly be seen in the picture posted above. Mandrel bending keeps uniform thickness. crush bending distorts the material

There really is nothing wrong with it just stating the facts.

Sorry but I had a bit of a bag on the other day when this was posted up as someone had just emailed me about an ebay auction going on where there was a brand new K20 4-2-1 manifold from an online trader starting at 99p and asking me to justify why products like Toda, J's, Spoon etc etc cost so much more and can I sleep at night clearly ripping people off when there are very similar looking manifolds readily available from as little at £150! :lol:

Anyway.

If you fancy doing a back to back test with a stock one I would be more than happy to fit it and test it all FOC if anyone is interested and you want to send me one up....from wherever you are. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. You stated in your webpage that it replaces the stock "cast" manifold. You have since edited this out. You clearly don't know what is OEM until pointed out.

2. You have no trading address, contact number etc on your website that I can find which indicates you are just another internet trading company handling flow of parts. Nothing wrong with that but does mean you don't manufacture yourself.
(It's my understanding that if trading by law you should have contact details and company number but may be wrong here. I have always been picked up on it)

3. I have seen this manifold before. Offered to me along with other parts mass produced in China at very good prices if bought in bulk. They even offer my own branding on packaging or even plates welded to the parts.

4. I don't think it will "break" as such but it is crush bent compared to mandrel bent and tig welded which you claim on the website. It can clearly be seen in the picture posted above. Mandrel bending keeps uniform thickness. crush bending distorts the material

Sorry but I had a bit of a bag on the other day when this was posted up as someone had just emailed me about an ebay auction going on where there was a brand new K20 4-2-1 manifold from an online trader starting at 99p and asking me to justify why products like Toda, J's, Spoon etc etc cost so much more and can I sleep at night clearly ripping people off when there are very similar looking manifolds readily available from as little at £150! :lol:

Anyway.

If you fancy doing a back to back test with a stock one I would be more than happy to fit it and test it all FOC if anyone is interested and you want to send me one up....from wherever you are. ;)
hi,

sorry didnt mean to be rude or anything :)

just to address your notes,
A: the text was handed over and i just put it up , but to be honest i had an FN2 and thought the mani was cast- hence my input was wrong! Although i never got around to replacing it.

B: no , you are 100% correct( they are on the T&C page) . also of online firms dont publically have their warehouse address's on the site but we all have to( if trading online) have an address on the site on the T&C

C: it would be nice to know where, as it was only developed over 1.5months ago and made from a cad drawing. if you want to pm any other details regards this i would be grateful as i am sure you are aware most factories around the world are under contract not to release items. yes you will always get some items they sell to everyone, but not customer designs.

yes, pm me the details and i will try and get you on up ASAP.

yours
Marc

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts

4. I don't think it will "break" as such but it is crush bent compared to mandrel bent and tig welded which you claim on the website. It can clearly be seen in the picture posted above. Mandrel bending keeps uniform thickness. crush bending distorts the material

Anyway.

Just wondering if anything came about?
Was there a test run? Quality product?
Review etc?

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Don't think the gains if any would be worth the time and money to fit. If it did give decent performance it would need mapped also. Also they have not followed up with any facts on this which tells its own story imo.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
997 Posts
Don't think the gains if any would be worth the time and money to fit. If it did give decent performance it would need mapped also. Also they have not followed up with any facts on this which tells its own story imo.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
I am pretty sure that, for example, Feel's doesn't justify the improvement of their products with dynos.
I think for our cars, the only type of exhaust manifold that is worth installing is a 4-2-1. (Toda, Tegiwa, CPL, Circuit Sports...).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts