2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been working for some time on optimising our supercharged setup on the K20 engine and this took a leap forward yesterday as shown in the dyno chart below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The above was achieved at 9 pounds of boost with exhaust system optimisation.

I will post more info once we have backed this up on another car.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Wow - impressive! :) Revving to 9500rpm though - presume this is not on standard internals?
Im thinking 725cc injectors to get it revving safe that high ??

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
sweeeet

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Im thinking 725cc injectors to get it revving safe that high ??
I don't think it's about fuelling per se - ie higher flowing injectors on their own wouldn't solve the challenges of revving that high (where issues like oil cavitation, spring binding and rod strength become important to ensure reliability). Besides, I know from personal experience with my old Impreza that 650 injectors can supply more than enough fuel to run 400bhp without running lean :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I don't think it's about fuelling per se - ie higher flowing injectors on their own wouldn't solve the challenges of revving that high (where issues like oil cavitation, spring binding and rod strength become important to ensure reliability). Besides, I know from personal experience with my old Impreza that 650 injectors can supply more than enough fuel to run 400bhp without running lean :cool:
I have the 520cc injectors in mine and from have i have heard and read they are running at their max at 8500prm, thats why the Type R's with the CT charger dont rev any higher than 8500rpm, I dont think its the HP its the High revs the 520's cant handle.

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Terry Mw is using ID 725 injectors and making big gains. In the states where the ct are big business the 8th
generation forum all use uprated injectors and all agree that our injectors are near capacity.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Good old TDI, Thanks for that I didnt know about that :)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I have the 520cc injectors in mine and from have i have heard and read they are running at their max at 9000prm, thats why the Type R's with the CT charger dont rev any higher than 9K, I dont think its the HP its the High revs the 520's cant handle.
Hi Terry. I guess 520s would be near the limit for 300bhp (lucky git running that amount of power) :) I'm no expert on these engines - only really played around with injectors on Subarus, with max rev limit of 7,600rpm. Perhaps the very high revs means less chance of good mixing, which means you need to put some extra in for good measure.

I'm sure the K20 can rev well over 9K but whether it can do so reliably month after month on standard internals, I'd be less confident. FWIW, I'm running Toda A3 cams on my FD2 and was advised by Paul at TDI to also run uprated springs as the standard springs are not considered up to the job even with a limit of 9Krpm

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
PS @ Terry/Dez - have you tried running 10% methanol in with your fuel? With appropriate mapping you could easily make another 30bhp. It's totally safe (boosted engines love methanol, especially at high revs) and even better, it's only around 80p per litre, so saves on each fill up :D

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
PS @ Terry/Dez - have you tried running 10% methanol in with your fuel? With appropriate mapping you could easily make another 30bhp. It's totally safe (boosted engines love methanol, especially at high revs) and even better, it's only around 80p per litre, so saves on each fill up :D
My next mods, bigger injectors, water meth injection and maybe 3" pulley, but dont tell Dezi :)

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
bigger injectors and high pressure fuel pump is the best choice for lower injector duty cycles!!

Injectors Dynamic 725cc are the best injectors money can buy for most supercharger & light turbo applications!

ID's FTW!!!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts