2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people

Just thought I'd start another thread about the economy with the supercharger, as some of you may have seen I am currently in Scotland (Ayr to be precise) and decided after seeing the flight prices go astronomical due to the bank holiday I was going to drive up.

I was expecting a lot of stops for more petrol along the way and thought I would be spending out almost as much on petrol as the normal price plane tickets up here but I can confirm the car done brilliantly!

In total the trip from my house to where I was staying was 466 miles...I filled up for the first time just past Manchester & Liverpool showing I had done 270 miles and with the fuel gauge doing its usual thing of mis-reading I didn't fancy pushing it too far (TBH thats the most I pushed it so far). The journey was all motorway driving sitting at either 50mph in the average speed zones or at 70-80mph on the normal bits.

Anyway after 270 miles I filled up for it to only take 31 litres to take it right back to the max.

I am now on that same tank from the Manchester and currently done 290 miles & probably just under half of those miles have been town or A road shorter journeys now and the fuel gauge has been acting normal and is still showing around 1/4 tank left.

I will upload a few pics I took as proof for people who are interested, just need to get my iphone lead. :D

All in all I'm really impressed with how the cars doing lately...the only thing Im not liking is the amount of HUGE speedbumps around Ayr which have almost crippled my car! :(

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
thats good to hear dave, obviously the economy is still there on the motorway journeys with steady driving. its a shame that something cant be done to give a more accurate fuel reading? no chance of fitting a secondary gauge?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats good to hear dave, obviously the economy is still there on the motorway journeys with steady driving. its a shame that something cant be done to give a more accurate fuel reading? no chance of fitting a secondary gauge?
There could be a fix for it now, I haven't had a look for any updates for a while or been back for any tweaks to my map but then again it might still be the same. :(

I'm used to it now & can't be bothered spending out much more on it, I'm just enjoying driving it now and seeing the resale values plummeting has made me reluctant to spend out on ripping the engine to pieces to fit parts that I cant easily remove when it comes to selling it and they cost alot (in comparison) for minimal gains (Cams, Balancer Shaft Delete Kit) I'm leaving Dezi, Terry & Gryffin to be the pioneers and prove how much more power you get out of charging the FN2 than the charged EP3s....I just enjoy going out and surprising chavs who think they can beat everything. LOL!!

Count yourself lucky you're in South Ayrshire, they're worse in East Ayrshire :facepalm:
How do you know I'm in South Ayrshire? You spotted me?? Give me a flash if you spot me...I keep looking out for stickers (Although I don't have any on mine)

Impressive economy Dave ! You got any trips across to the east coast planned ? Want to see the beast again ;)
I don't know yet...been hanging around local to here at the moment..If we do then I'll let you know. Be good to see you again too though. :)

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's some pics for you all as proof....

You can see from the odometer reading that its the same tank of petrol & I always reset it when filling up as otherwise I don't have a clue how much I can run it for.

I have since done about another 15 miles since then and the fuel gauge has stayed about the same as the last pic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you know I'm in South Ayrshire? You spotted me?? Give me a flash if you spot me...I keep looking out for stickers (Although I don't have any on mine)
Because you said you were around Ayr, which is in South Ayrshire.

Picking my Civic up on Wednesday, if you're still around then I'll give you a flash.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
260 miles for me with a full tank cruising on the highway at 4000-4500 rpm.

Fuel price here in GR for Super Unleaded 100ron is 1.60GBP/Ltr thats 6.00GBP/G

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's really impressive actually!! Cheers for the info Dave

Speedbumps are murder in ayr! I dread it everytime the mrs asks to go to the beach :(
Yeah I been finding out the hard way where the big speedbumps are....so far the worst I found are at the leisure centre....I think I actually ripped the bottom of the car off & the second worst were the far end of the beach.

Because you said you were around Ayr, which is in South Ayrshire.

Picking my Civic up on Wednesday, if you're still around then I'll give you a flash.
Ahh right, Im still working out where im going half the time....im ok around town but getting further out it all looks the same to me. LOL!

Look out for me then...my reg ends in ZRC & have black wheels.

260 miles for me with a full tank cruising on the highway at 4000-4500 rpm.

Fuel price here in GR for Super Unleaded 100ron is 1.60GBP/Ltr thats 6.00GBP/G
Highest we get over here is 99Ron and average at the moment for that has been about 1.41GBP but at one service stations I stopped at the super unleaded was at 1.52GBP....Its crazy prices!

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Highest we get over here is 99Ron and average at the moment for that has been about 1.41GBP but at one service stations I stopped at the super unleaded was at 1.52GBP....Its crazy prices!
we are very rich here in GR:rolleyes: and we can afford these f*** insane prices!!:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you go...

Filled up this morning as I was starting to get nervous as I haven't taken it this high in a while with a faulty fuel gauge.

& then to fill it back all the way to the top....

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
So why do you assume your fuel gauge is broken? It looks to be working fine when you compare the position it shows and the petrol you are putting into your tank.

Also when I look at this I am wondering if you have lost any mpg by supercharging as I regularly get 300 or less per tank.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
yeah ayr is shocking for speedbumps, thats where u pulled my front bumper half off trying to park at the softplay, i had forgot a had lowered it a few days before and the noise was terrible hearing the bumper scratch against the pavement, hated it

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So why do you assume your fuel gauge is broken? It looks to be working fine when you compare the position it shows and the petrol you are putting into your tank.

Also when I look at this I am wondering if you have lost any mpg by supercharging as I regularly get 300 or less per tank.
It definatly doesnt read right, it drops down & then crawls back up again under heavy driving & the computer bit reads out saying 0 miles in the tank when theres still half a tank in it & stuff..definatly isnt accurate enough to trust.

On long runs it seems to Be really good still.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Another strange problem, the cruise control works in 5th gear but not in 6th.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
Great readings dave thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Impressive mpg Dave.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts