2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of spending tuning N/A im thinking about going straight for a supercharger.

On a standard engine what will the figure be roughly, only modification prior to fitting would be a catback exhaust.

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
It depends on which charger and which stage.

I got 324 bhp and 199lbft with a cat back, HKS RSK and the balancer shaft delete kit with a Rotrex Sport (non-intercooled).

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
Not just that.

I didn't get on with the charger to be honest. It would spin up the wheels coming of roundabouts in third at 60 mph in July in the dry, and that is with the Wavetrac! That might have had something to do with the Falken 452s but it just didn't suit my driving style. It felt like it had turned into too much of a straight line car, and I like being able to drive progressively on the twisties.

I'm only 20ftlb down on torque now with my current set up, so it does feel pretty much as quick up to road legal speeds, just a lot more neutral in the bends and a bit less bonkers! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I love my charger but why not look in to turbo ? Dezi's car sounds a real animal.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
£6k though, supercharger kit costs quite a bit less than that.
Im not over sure what the CT costs now, but isnt a stage 2 CT around £5K (ish) installed and tuned, you also need a Flashpro, race headers, good intake to get good results.

If you get the turbo, you still need a flashpro but you dont need headers and intake so you save there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.