2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first post, i have used the site for nearly a year and found alot of helpful information, it has helped me to choose a Miltek Cb and an apollo intake, i have been happy with the mods but now looking to boost the power. i have looked into remapping but want to get a few more mods before mapping, does anyone no what els is needed for a Supercharger and if u can buy another supercharger that is used on another car(ie mini supercharger Eaton M45) and it can be fitted,
i have checked out the other kids but £4k is abit out of my reach for a boost.

Cheers Mike :eek:

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
When you supercharge your car you can just simply bolt the system on... however it is very much advised that you install an exhaust manifold (at minimum) as the standard Cat on the car restricts the power a LOT.

Obviously the above isn't 100% required (unless your going for say an intercooled rotrex) but in my opinion thats the most required MOD.

You may also need a better air intake... i'm not sure the "Apollo" will be that great. I'd recommend a HKS RSK at minimum.

Then you need to consider other things such as Brakes, Suspension etc to make sure that you can control the power :)

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hello all this is my first post, i have used the site for nearly a year and found alot of helpful information, it has helped me to choose a Miltek Cb and an apollo intake, i have been happy with the mods but now looking to boost the power. i have looked into remapping but want to get a few more mods before mapping, does anyone no what els is needed for a Supercharger and if u can buy another supercharger that is used on another car(ie mini supercharger Eaton M45) and it can be fitted,
i have checked out the other kids but £4k is abit out of my reach for a boost.

Cheers Mike :eek:
Sorry also you can't use a supercharger from other cars without huge modifcations required

The FI supercharger systems available for the FN2 are

-Rotrex (this is what i have)
-Jackson Racing Super Charger JRSC
-Comptech

They are all great systems when setup properly.

All have different views of course.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the reply bro, yh i ***** it was a long shot with other SCs, ive looked into manifolds aswell anyone got any recommendations? All decats apart from the mugen? Hks was already on order :) £350. Yh pannin to improve handling and breaks again any recommendations? Was just a question really, mates got a astra sti n got a vxr turbo mapped to 290 and pulls like mad, reasons temped for more power ha.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
I have a second-hand CT supercharger thats for sale although i dont have a thread on here for it at the moment. If you have serious interest then feel free to ask me questions :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh nice well what have you got? did you need to do anything els to your car? how many miles? reasons for selling>?

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Cheers for the reply bro, yh i ***** it was a long shot with other SCs, ive looked into manifolds aswell anyone got any recommendations? All decats apart from the mugen? Hks was already on order :) £350. Yh pannin to improve handling and breaks again any recommendations? Was just a question really, mates got a astra sti n got a vxr turbo mapped to 290 and pulls like mad, reasons temped for more power ha.
loool you think an Astra VXR remapped is fast you want to try my car :p I eat remapped VXR's like they're 1.2's

I would recommend either the Tegiwa manifold or the CPL Race manifold (i use the CPL one)... then i'd look at civi08's supercharger... his one is a Comptech!

The reason he is selling is because he stripped his car and sold it and now owns a Maserati. It's an amzing bit of kit his car was very powerful with it! I'm sure he'll do you a very nice price too!

Brakes and Suspension i'm a bit of a hypocrit because im on standard brakes with upgraded pads atm... However i just bought soem DC5 brembo calipper which will be fitted shortly... Also suspension i've got 15mm Eibach springs with a TDI-South fast road setup!

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
ahh nice well what have you got? did you need to do anything els to your car? how many miles? reasons for selling>?
Covered by Frankie :D Mileage wise its done maybe a 1000 miles and looks as good as new, and the intake manifold part of it is brand new. It comes with a US ecu and blow off valve so you can have boost by gear set up, which means you need flashpro so it can all be mapped ect.

To get the most out of it you could do with a race manifold with no cat, a less restrictive exhaust and good air intake. You'll get around 315bhp from that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice reply guys, ha frankie bet uve spent abit more dolla then what i have to eat those astras, well if u spend the money on power ill have money aside for controling it.
well i have a miltek new and hks on order flashpro will be a bust when everything is installed so if i was to go for SC i would need a manifold, (civic08 if ** breaking yours did u have one aslo?)
how much are u looking for the parts anything els that may be at use?
Cheers mike

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I have a second-hand CT supercharger thats for sale although i dont have a thread on here for it at the moment. If you have serious interest then feel free to ask me questions :)
Is it the same one you had for sale pre-christmas? If not, what 'stage' is it? Peak power? :D

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
nice reply guys, ha frankie bet uve spent abit more dolla then what i have to eat those astras, well if u spend the money on power ill have money aside for controling it.
well i have a miltek new and hks on order flashpro will be a bust when everything is installed so if i was to go for SC i would need a manifold, (civic08 if ** breaking yours did u have one aslo?)
how much are u looking for the parts anything els that may be at use?
Cheers mike
Hi mate, your Milltek exhaust will be fine (my car made 380BHP and i use a Milltek exhaust)... your HKS RSK will be fine... so parts you will need are...

Exhaust Manifold = Tegiwa is around £500 brand new
Flashpro = £650ish brand new? But i'm sure you can grab a second hand one for around £500
Supercharger = £2/3000 depending on how much Civi08 wants

Then you just need fitting & mapping which should be around £1200ISH...

Then you'll have some serious power!

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Is it the same one you had for sale pre-christmas? If not, what 'stage' is it? Peak power? :D
Yes it is the same one... there was a problem with it and he had to send a part back to the US i believe, they've obviously completely replaced it and the CT is as good as new again now!!!

Stage 2 i believe... and i think you can run to around 320-330bhp on that charger depending on supporting mods.

Answering all your questions Tim haha - sorry to but in :D

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Ha its all good cheers Frankie :)

Its stage 3, The 3.15" pulley. I had 316bhp if i remember correctly. That was with HKS RSK, Tegiwa manifold and HKS Legamax catback. Then tuned by Paul at Tdi North :) Get yourself some decent cams and a 3" catback and yeah over 330 is achievable

Reactions: Revs FN2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice frankie
all starting to mount up in £££ ha, yh ill have to see what civic8 wants for it and if he has anyother 2nd hand parts he want to shipon, then i may have to get other parts slowly, do you no how long it would take to fit? as u already have one? as im in hertfoadshire closest place to me is TDI south unless theres other places around i dont no about.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Nice frankie
all starting to mount up in £££ ha, yh ill have to see what civic8 wants for it and if he has anyother 2nd hand parts he want to shipon, then i may have to get other parts slowly, do you no how long it would take to fit? as u already have one? as im in hertfoadshire closest place to me is TDI south unless theres other places around i dont no about.
It's around a days labour including mapping i believe.

Yeah give TDI-South a call they are very good and they have a hub dyno :)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Nice frankie

For the complete supercharger kit your looking at 3k mate, its got a brand new manifold on it, IAT sensor moved into the manifold for correct readings, US ECU ect.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I'm at a stage now where I need to make a final decision on whether to go FI or not. Pretty much ruled out a TC and I'm not sure I want a SC for several reasons. But there are limits to what NA can achieve.

Need to do some more reading. FrankstaH, I maybe be PMing you soon to pick your brain ;) What I really need is a blast out in one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For the complete supercharger kit your looking at 3k mate, its got a brand new manifold on it, IAT sensor moved into the manifold for correct readings, US ECU ect.
What is the name of the Sc kit? anything els that comes with it? what manifold is it? so i can do some reseach :)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
I'm at a stage now where I need to make a final decision on whether to go FI or not. Pretty much ruled out a TC and I'm not sure I want a SC for several reasons. But there are limits to what NA can achieve.

Need to do some more reading. FrankstaH, I maybe be PMing you soon to pick your brain ;) What I really need is a blast out in one.
you can go as far as you can NA (cams, pistons, headwork etc) then supercharge it!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts