Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a poll to pass the time :lol:

3 options, hopefully self explanatory :D

PS - not added an option for 'in the disabled / parent & child spaces even though I'm not disabled / with child', cos that is one of my pet hates and would lead to flames... :evil:

EDIT: Added another option to stop the moaners ;) (Basegreen)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I've got kids so try and find child spots even when I don't have the kids sometimes as well if there are plenty free.

I've voted "Far from entrance" but I don't take up 2 spots so you need another option really - I park as far away as I need to to find an END parking spot so I can get right on the outside edge or slightly over to leave a nice big gap should anyone dare to park next to me ;)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL - I knew that no matter how many options I put up, people would come up with others! :roll: :wink:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I wanna vote for as far away, but I would never consciously take up 2 spots thats just rude, although with bad parking who knows. I have not voted

We have a guy at work who parks across 2 spaces, diagonally, I think it is appaling that he can not trust his work colleagues not to knacker his car, I can understand perhaps in a strange car park, but then just find an end, I mean, its only a Chavved up Clio, a few dents might improve it.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
If enough people start "double parking" , your effectively halving the capacity of the car park. Tickets will abound !!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hate supermarket car parks - hence Tesco.com!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Far away, but just using one space ;)

By the door can be a bit of a demolition derby round here! Either that or people with bashed cars naturally prefer parking by the door :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to clarify :roll:

I'm not suggesting that evryone double parks...

Or indeed that if the last 2 spaces in the car park are next to each other, that you take them both.

And there was me thinking this would be a light hearted little poll!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
They usually are. We do occasionally go off on a tangent though. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
TTDegs said:
Just to clarify :roll:

I'm not suggesting that evryone double parks...

Or indeed that if the last 2 spaces in the car park are next to each other, that you take them both.

And there was me thinking this would be a light hearted little poll!
Sure this is lighted till you touch my motor OK!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
The Civic is the first new car I've had in forever that doesn't have some form of bump protection on the side as standard. I can't complain because I knew that when I ordered the car. However, it ranks alongside the missing spare wheel as a Honda cost cutting exercise.

As a result parking near the entrance is a non-starter.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
That was why I paid for the City Pack, it actually doesn't look out of place on the doors. Doesn't help you against 4 x 4s though, their doors are too high.

·
Registered
975 Posts
went to the gym today and was their extra long so when i went to he local car park i owed a pound, keep the change in the car at the end of the car park, drove to the machine pulled up, some woment in an mpv just starts looking as if she cant get past and theres loads of room so i just went to pop the pound in quickly, turn around community support officer on a bike.

sir is this your car

yes

bit silly place to park it

sorry just paying for my ticket etc

god dont they have anything better to do than worry about someone being held up for a minuuite in a car park because they cant drive.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Park as far away from everyone else as possble in a 'end' spot so there can only be one other car park next to me and lo and behold they always seem to :roll:

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Insurance in Supermarket carparks

Just an aside:

If your car is damaged in a supermarket carpark by one of their trolleys - they are responsible and are insured for the damage/risk. (Tescos is definately)

Especially if they havent collected the wayward trolleys that always seem to drift down hill towards your car!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
sco77harris said:
god dont they have anything better to do than worry about someone being held up for a minuuite in a car park because they cant drive.
...politely ask him to bugger off, do his job properly and go and catch a burglar or some REAL criminals :evil:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Re: Insurance in Supermarket carparks

Miggins said:
Just an aside:

If your car is damaged in a supermarket carpark by one of their trolleys - they are responsible and are insured for the damage/risk. (Tescos is definately)

Especially if they havent collected the wayward trolleys that always seem to drift down hill towards your car!
news to me but ill remermber this, if i get a dent ill blame the supermarket lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Insurance in Supermarket carparks

Miggins said:
Just an aside:

I should bear that in mind the next time i am in ikea... i came back to the car with a dent right under front passengers window. Must be some "people" who don't know how to manoeuvre the 4 wheeler [smilie=hammerit.gi:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts