2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about adding another horn again, mostly as something fun to do :p
Rather than replace the stock horn, I'm thinking of simply sticking in an extra Stebel Nautilus or similar to give extended toots a little more BEEP, whilst still being easy to fit. :laugh:

Has asnyone determined the relay for the existing relay? I've not been able to find much on this, so if anyone has any ideas for finding the relay, preferably without having to drop the bumper to remove the existing horn and press buttons while listening to relays :D

If not a relay, would it be possible to wire in to the relevant fuse? Once again, there is a bit of a dirth of information on the 9G, But 8G diagrams give fuse 21 as the Horn and STOP(?) fuse.

·
3,692 Posts
I fitted one of those but had to drop the bumper and fit it behind the radar unit on the passengers side. There isn't enough room on the drivers side unless you remove the stock horn.

I spliced into the existing horn wire to activate the new horn's relay.
Where do you plan putting the horn if not behind the bumper? I couldn't find a sensible space big enough.

Fuses are listed in the handbook, but the horn fuse is before the push/relay, so is not a place you can drive the new relay from.

Ah, just noticed that you have a 9g and this is the 10G section.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fitted one of those but had to drop the bumper and fit it behind the radar unit on the passengers side. There isn't enough room on the drivers side unless you remove the stock horn.

I spliced into the existing horn wire to activate the new horn's relay.
Where do you plan putting the horn if not behind the bumper? I couldn't find a sensible space big enough.

Fuses are listed in the handbook, but the horn fuse is before the push/relay, so is not a place you can drive the new relay from.

Ah, just noticed that you have a 9g and this is the 10G section.:surprise:
The benefit of a 1.4 is engine bay space abound. You could hide a dead body in the empty void, and still have space for two kidnap victims in the boot

I'd probably see if there was somewhere on the side to bolt or trim tape in place.

I'd rather avoid splicing the wire if possible, as removable is another goal - I believe some kits come with a 30A relay, so I could run a relay from the horn fuse directly to battery.
Could even mount the horn on the side of the battery, come to think of it...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
3,692 Posts
Don't know about the 9G, but the horn fuse is probably not in the horn side of the OEM relay, but the live side, so is no good as a pickup point to trigger the new horn relay. (Always use a fuse and relay to supply the the new horn).
A Scotch-lock or similar IS removable.

I believe some kits come with a 30A relay, so I could run a relay from the horn fuse directly to battery.
No, do't do that, you risk blowing your horn fuse and if your book is right, the stop lights as well. Battery - new horn fuse - relay - horn. That's the way forward

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
We don't want to know or care.

Oh no it isn't. You still akip :)
You little tinker. You moved it.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,252 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts