2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise where it would be possible to fit an extra 3 or 4 power sockets (Cigarette lighter type). Possibly somewhere around the gearstick trim area where there is enough space behind?

At the moment I have a multiblock unit that wont stick to anything that keeps flying round the cabin.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trekker.

I'm not sure if TTDegs has put his sockets inside the armrest? I'd like to put them in the side of the 'transmission' tunnel. In individual drilled holes as would be fitted OEM - either Honda sockets or some from Maplin if the colour matches.

A question to TTDegs on its way
:wink:

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Apologies for the off-topic reply, but where did you mount your Fiamms Miggins??

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Miggins said:
At the moment I have a multiblock unit that wont stick to anything that keeps flying round the cabin.
I have a 4 way multiblock which is stuck inside the armrest area with heavy duty velcro.
It does the job, it's hidden and it means I can plug things in and out without a block flying about the place; also the main ciggy lighter still works as I used some of them squeeze clips which connect two wires together.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Yep, mine are inside the armrest too, altho I used a couple of self tapping screws to hold it in place.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of spare space in this cover unit thing, as it's all taken up by the 'box' under the armrest, the drinks holder / ashtray and the handbrake lever.

I guess the easiest place to add 2 more sockets might be where the heated seat switches would go (unless you have heated seats!), but even that would be a bit of a squeeze.

For note, it is still possible to close the armrest lid even with a wire or 2 in the 'gap' where the lid meets the unit.

I was doing this to charge my phone (in the armrest unit, with lead from the main cig lighter) before I added my 3 way.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks TT

I really need to get the sockets closer to the dash as I run a detachable Garmin GPS as well as a few other toys! I might just put the multi block in the armrest and see if I can mount a 'hidden' socket under the dash.

Anone managed to ID how to make the existing sockets permanently live?

·
Registered
277 Posts
TTDegs / Generationgav - sorry not sure if this has already been posted/requested but any chance of some pics of what you've done and where these extra power sockets now live ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Newboy said:
TTDegs / Generationgav - sorry not sure if this has already been posted/requested but any chance of some pics of what you've done and where these extra power sockets now live ?
I shall get photos of where they now live tomorrow (Well I keep promising photos and forgetting; but I'll try to remember!)
As far as what I've done; it's basically the first 3 pictures of this; Lighter to fuse box apart from I used some of the "Squeeze" connectors from Maplin to save soldering and i took the cable to my armrest box via a hole I made with a screwdriver!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Sorry; I should have credited!

Also thanks to Pottsy as it was his guide I followed to get the centre part off. Get in to the dash"

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have one velcroed to the carpet just in front of the drivers seat. It is out of the way of my knee and easily accesible for my iPod, GPS and phone charger when I use it. I will get around to hard wiring it into the cigarette lighter power at some time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts