2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best method to remove light surface scratch on my ctr? & how easy to remove? gutted

T-cut?

& also, is the milano red metalic paint?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
No Milano isn't metallic and don't go near it with T cut. :(

Get some AutoGylm Super Resin Polish, it has a very fine abrasive in it, and if it is only a light surface scratch it will sort it. :D

I also hear Meguiars Scratch X is very good although I haven't used it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
No Milano isn't metallic and don't go near it with T cut. :(

Get some AutoGylm Super Resin Polish, it has a very fine abrasive in it, and if it is only a light surface scratch it will sort it. :D

I also hear Meguiars Scratch X is very good although I haven't used it.
Yep, I can vouch for the Meguiars - used it to good effect lessening(wouldn't remove it totally) a deep scratch left by the missus' handbag buckle on the passenger door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have used the Zymol repair wax to remove some light scratches caused by a cat. It didn't remove the deepest scratch but it did lessen it and the shallower ones came out completely.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm just really scared i'm gonna make a really bad job of it and make it worse! taking the car in to dealer on thurs to get alarm sorted so gonna ask them to take a look at the minor scratches

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stealers want £400+ to re-spray the bonnett!!! gonna get halfords to take a look - i'm not confident of doing it myself!! & i'm not throwing any money to the stealers anymore. they refuse to help me with the gears

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
stealers want £400+ to re-spray the bonnett!!! gonna get halfords to take a look - i'm not confident of doing it myself!! & i'm not throwing any money to the stealers anymore. they refuse to help me with the gears
I'd take it to an independant bodyshop and ask them to have a look, they will know what to do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, I had a few light scratches caused by my daughters school bag so i used T cut colour fast polish by car plan from halfords, It did an excellent job with very little rubbing.
But reading this thread caused a bit of panic :oops:......could i have caused any damage to the car with this process...it really was a two minute job and the scratches are gone!
Thanks
Neil.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi, I had a few light scratches caused by my daughters school bag so i used T cut colour fast polish by car plan from halfords, It did an excellent job with very little rubbing.
But reading this thread caused a bit of panic :oops:......could i have caused any damage to the car with this process...it really was a two minute job and the scratches are gone!
Thanks
Neil.
No you'll be fine Neil. I think I'm correct in saying, T cut Colour Fast Polish contains pigment that fills the scratch to mask it's appearance, and doesn't contain too much abrasive unlike normal T cut. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No you'll be fine Neil. I think I'm correct in saying, T cut Colour Fast Polish contains pigment that fills the scratch to mask it's appearance, and doesn't contain too much abrasive unlike normal T cut. :)

so you just apply some on a cloth and then on to the damaged surface?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
No, it's quite easy to apply, you have to buy the correct colour polish for your car. Turtle Wax make a similar polish called Colour Magic, but with theirs you get a 'Chipstick' for colouring in stone chips.

Success will really depend on how fine the scratches are, I've used it in the past with mixed results. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, it's quite easy to apply, you have to buy the correct colour polish for your car. Turtle Wax make a similar polish called Colour Magic, but with theirs you get a 'Chipstick' for colouring in stone chips.

Success will really depend on how fine the scratches are, I've used it in the past with mixed results. :)

might just leave it for now -
i guess the imperfections makes the car unique to me

1 - 20 of 34 Posts