2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very surprised indeed!!! Went to Alton Towers on sunday, and was my first "real drive" apart from going to the supermarket, or for a little blast.

It was around 70 mile each way, and can truthfully say ive felt the difference between the Type S and R. The ride is more sturdy, and accelerating out of the corners is much much smoother.

After the trip, i checked the counter and it said 30.4mpg! I was chuffed to bits!!! Admittedly, i didn't thrash it, and used the cruise control for a steady 70 on motorway, and just edged the vtec slightly at times.

Why didnt i buy this car sooner!!! :worms:

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I drive like a loon (or stop start stop on the way home from work in the commuter queue) I get 17 mpg

If I cruse over to Lakeside in the evening along 40, 50 and 70 mph roads using cruise control and 6th gear, pretty much unhindered by other cars, I get 35mpg.

So there you have it. It sucks, but there you go.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
usually round the 28 mark depending how i drive! im happy as long as i get 280 miles to tank which is easily done

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
i have averaged around 30mpg since i got mine (13500 miles ago!) thats a combination of all types of driving...i generally use Sainsburys super unleaded 97 octane or tesco 99 octane (V-Power is the obvious choice but at the shell garages near me its too expensive now)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
(V-Power is the obvious choice but at the shell garages near me its too expensive now)

how much is v power down yours? if i wonted to use that i would have to drive for 10 miles first sod that haha. use tesco 99 that costs me £1.06 but most of the time i have one of those 5p of things!

·
Registered
882 Posts
After the trip, i checked the counter and it said 30.4mpg! I was chuffed to bits!!! Admittedly, i didn't thrash it, and used the cruise control for a steady 70 on motorway, and just edged the vtec slightly at times.

Why didnt i buy this car sooner!!! :worms:
i did derby an back from newcastle upon tyne and averaged about 26/27, did go above 70 a bit though ;)

Mines terrible lol! 20.4mpg!
RESPECT! :cool:....... just watch out for the :police: lol

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Just done a 260mile round trip to the lake district and avg 36.4mpg including a good blast behind a very surprised Audi TT that tried his best to shake me off!...to be fair I did 100 miles home on the M6 at 69mph on cruise control as I was still feeling rough from too much falling down water the night before!

Current mileage is 700 and showing avg 32.5mpg on trip meter B (never been reset)

·
Registered
23 Posts
HI all,

I have done 35000 miles in mine and reckon the rule of thumb is around 28 mpg on general driving with the odd overtake etc. On a long run i have managed 33-34 but this is usually fairly spirited on the M/ways;-)

This is all off the computer though and stock unleaded.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've done 37k in mine now. Went to Alton near Basingstoke from Glasgow, and back at the weekend.

Used the cruise control most of the way there and back averaging 70mph. :cool:

37.6 mpg!!! Worked it out a bit more mathematically than using the trip computer and got 37mpg!! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Think the Vtec has loosened up a lot recently, plus she is now due for a service!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Type R's and MPG shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentance
Oh so true.......but anyway.....i picked my 59 plate CTR GT on Monday afternoon and have now done 70 miles of sedate driving and i'm on about 30.7 mpg. Just looking forward to having a play with the right foot!! :)

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
30mpg to 35mpg sounds about right unless youre thrashing it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts