2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm fairly new here and just got my 2.2 Type S a week ago and loving it. My insurance is up for renewal in about a month, been looking at various different companies/comparison sites and I am getting quotes of £550-£1k+ for insurance. I'm 29 with 8 years NCB, driving for 12 years and 2 sp30's

My previous car was a modified imported celica 190 and I was paying less than my quotes for a standard civic. Does this seem expensive?

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Is this quote from a mainstream insurer?

Maybe try giving Adrian Flux, Chris Knott, etc a call.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had quotes from various different places, I'm with Adrian flux just now and they wanted £1k to renew my policy with the civic.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Oh, much depends on the postcode so maybe you are in a high risk area?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe but I wouldn't have thought it would be more expensive to insure a standard civic over a imported celica. Looks like I'll need to do a bit more shopping around.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Agreed. My AF quote fell in year 2 on the Civic but sneaked up a smidge this year.

There's been talk for a while of higher premiums coming our way, due to higher tax/etc. Reports were that older drivers were likely to face the biggest increases :(

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Found the 2.2 is more to insure than any of my cars. Cheaper to insure my modified Type R or put me on the V6 Alfa than the derv in stock form.

Seems it's not just the postcode but that car too unfortunately.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Super Moderator
21,033 Posts
Try £4000 a year I'm currently paying for my V10 5.2 litre :(
I'd never even consider any car that cost that to insure. Especially as you can't use it, except on a track.

I'm paying DL just over £450 now with a clean licence and locked garage and only a few thou a year. When I took early retirement they bumped it, then again last year.

Deffo giving CK a shot next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2.2cdti 2006 civic ex and i am looking to get a fn Type-R i had a quote for it and to my surprise my insurance went down by 200 quid even asked the person from aviva how come they could not understand it and asked them to double check they did and confirmed that it was a lower premium
i even went as far as getting 3 quotes on 3 Type-R that i have been looking at on auto trader and every time the same result

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Just been quoted £354 for our stage 2 modified EX 2.2. Max no claims and 48 years old by LV. Jeep 4.7 V8 also went up as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,252 Posts
im with esure and i think my quote is actually a touch cheaper than last year but im gonna give them a ring as i can get it even cheaper if i go to a well known website same policy same details im also 48 years old and a 2.2 ctdi
under £200 with renewal quote and a bit cheaper online

now my sons is a different matter

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
try £3200 for daughter. 17 yr old on 14 plate Fiat 500 1.2

Sent from my Samsung S7 Edge

·
Registered
127 Posts
I find insurance prices and quotes just don't make sense sometimes,
The insurance on my FK2 Type R with 0 no claims (as my no claims is on the M200) is cheaper than it is on My M200 with 8 years no claims??

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
I find insurance prices and quotes just don't make sense sometimes,
The insurance on my FK2 Type R with 0 no claims (as my no claims is on the M200) is cheaper than it is on My M200 with 8 years no claims??
That's because there's not many FK2's on the road. Give it a few years once some have been involved in prangs/write offs. New cars tend to have lower premiums as there haven't been many claims made towards them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts