2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

just sounding out to see if anyone is in Surrey and keen to have a little meet.

Also if anyone knows any good roads to stretch your legs on around here I'd appreciate it!

Looking in advance a while - end of Feb start of March - so plenty of time to get people together.

:D:D:D

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
hi,where about in surrey are you as i have seen many nhb Rs around?:)

·
1,839 Posts
sorry being a little dosey today but have just noticed where you are..:)

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't commute daily so the car only comes out at weekends - usually around Woking, Guildford, Camberley etc area.

·
1,839 Posts
well im up for it depending on times and dates and i know a few other people on here were up for this a few months back..:rolleyes:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool :cool:

Will have to see how much interest there is and then work on a date and location from there. Do you know any good roads in the area?

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
My best friend's just moved to Farnborough so you might see me tooting around abit in that area!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My best friend's just moved to Farnborough so you might see me tooting around abit in that area!
Be sure to wave! If you're down on a weekend would you spend a few hours on a drive/meet?

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
All depends man, would be a touch rude to my friends if I go to visit them sod off to a meet haha, but if the timings right then sure. I'm down there on err...the weekend of the 12th of Feb next.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bring them along, more the merrier and they might appreciate a convoy of Civic dashing through the back roads!

That is valentines weekend, and I reckon my missus would end my life if I decided to use that weekend to have a meet. It is also quite short notice but if a few other people stick a name down I'm sure a Saturday run could be done.

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
I don't think anything should be arranged for that weekend haha I was merely pointing out so you could keep your eyes open :D Would be good to see another stickered car, not seen another yet :(

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think anything should be arranged for that weekend haha I was merely pointing out so you could keep your eyes open :D Would be good to see another stickered car, not seen another yet :(
I have only seen one or two, and even then I didn't find out who it was. My current Civic hasn't been stickered yet - in a bid to save costs! I may decide to get one eventually but for the time being I'll keep it pure.

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Hi folks,

just sounding out to see if anyone is in Surrey and keen to have a little meet.

Also if anyone knows any good roads to stretch your legs on around here I'd appreciate it!

Looking in advance a while - end of Feb start of March - so plenty of time to get people together.

:D:D:D
Head over to Newlands Corner from Old Woking - some great roads around there as you head towards Godalming. The Red road from Camberly back towards Woking can be fun for a quick blast too, but be careful as its claimed many a spritied driver over the years. For a short straight run drop a gear and head up Cemetry Pales from Knaphill to Pirbright, wind down the windows - the sound resonating off the walls is amazing in an R ;). Actually a good place for a meet would be Newlands Corner - big car park on the top of the hill with good views, cafe, toilets etc and good surrounding roads for a drive!
I'm up in Oxford now but lived in Woking for years and still visit freinds regularly there. :D

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Head over to Newlands Corner from Old Woking - some great roads around there as you head towards Godalming. The Red road from Camberly back towards Woking can be fun for a quick blast too, but be careful as its claimed many a spritied driver over the years. For a short straight run drop a gear and head up Cemetry Pales from Knaphill to Pirbright, wind down the windows - the sound resonating off the walls is amazing in an R ;). Actually a good place for a meet would be Newlands Corner - big car park on the top of the hill with good views, cafe, toilets etc and good surrounding roads for a drive!
I'm up in Oxford now but lived in Woking for years and still visit freinds regularly there. :D
Cheers! I will have to dedicate some time to have a look at those routes
- can you drive up cemetery pales?

Gapemouth Road that runs from Pirbright to Deepcut is quite good fun too, if not a little short.

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Cheers! I will have to dedicate some time to have a look at those routes
- can you drive up cemetery pales?

Gapemouth Road that runs from Pirbright to Deepcut is quite good fun too, if not a little short.
Yeah Cemetry Pales is about 1.5 miles long - 100% straight and smooth so you can see from one end to the other - its the road that divides the two halves of the cemetary and is walled on both sides for most of that stretch. It was an old favourite of the local boy racers for 1/4 mile runs etc - so I've heard :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
The pirbright bends are deadly. Clamied alot of lives, i dont drive that road fast anymore the road surface is changes on every corner.

Anyone up for a emet in Guildford, woking or camberly

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pirbright bends are deadly. Clamied alot of lives...
I have seen a few memorial flowers laid at spots along the road that back this statement. Especially with the roads being as greasy as they are at the moment.

As for your suggestion to a Woking, Camberley or Guildford meet yeah I'm up if we can get a date, time, venue and few people together - that's what this thread is all about!

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
Ugggh I have scary nightmares about Guildford's horrible horrible traffic system.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts