2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only really happens when the car leans to either side, won't be the droplinks as I've not long done those so likely to be arb bushes I'd imagine?
I've owned french for most of my life and they are masters at clunking, to me it feels like it's under the car.
Also the car seems to be slack when leaning left/right.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top mounts, broken spring, bottom ball joints, ARBs as you say, its even possible that the new drop links are faulty too.

Right done the arb bushes, clunk is now a tiny bit worse, so I'm guessing all these new parts are putting strain in the top mounts.
I dunno, oh and to top it off I have a gearbox oil leak that I didn't know of, no wonder the oil was a bit low, so that's a seal in addition to the oil needing more topping up.

I can find most parts on Cox, but the left driveshaft seal is proving to be elusive.

I'll need to up my Google - Fu today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get to the bottom of your suspension clonks? My 06 2.2 passed the mot {no advisories) with what in any other car I'd have said was duff ball joints. I had it on a two post lift and set about it with pry bars and could find nothing loose. wondering if wear in top mounts may be the problem. It's really spoiling the car for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts