2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CTR has developed a noise which sounds like it's coming from the front suspension. It's a metallic 'click' that occurs when the suspension is loaded or unloaded and can also be heard when travelling over speed humps at low speed. I've read other posts on suspension 'creak' but not sure it's the same thing. My dealer has had the car for 2 days now with no result, so I'm getting a little anxious. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Isn't there a known issue with the front bump stops? This sounds like the same problem.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
That sounds exactly the same as mine. I tend to notice it more when it's wet. Don't know if there is a reason for this or just coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Posts I read on the bump stop issue seemed to talk about a pretty loud 'thud'. I'm assuming the bump stop noise is more like the sound you might get from going into a very large pot hole. My noise is more subtle. Is my understanding correct?

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
afr24x said:
Posts I read on the bump stop issue seemed to talk about a pretty loud 'thud'. I'm assuming the bump stop noise is more like the sound you might get from going into a very large pot hole. My noise is more subtle. Is my understanding correct?
Mine sounds like a rattle from the suspension when it's went over a bump but only really hear it when it's wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine makes more of a creaking noise only occasionall but when you get in the car or go over speed bumps taking it in on the 16th for Honda to take a look at

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha! Yes, that sounds exactly like it. Wow, I really appreciate this - especially the link to the bulletin.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I never have had a thump or metallic sound coming from my car, all I can describe it as is a creaking sound almost like the sound you would get opening a large wooden door with unlubricated hinges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts