2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that the handling is the FD2's major plus point at what point do the bushes,shocks etc start to go. Car is now 7 years old and although mileage is low, 37,000. the rubber in the bushes would be past its best i assume. So given the cars credentials is it worth considering replacing all the bushes pro-actively rather than suffering gradual decline and failure of individual parts?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Funny you should ask this.
We have just fully re-bushed Harrys FD2 with a full set of Mugen bushes for exactly the same reason.

Guess it really depends on how many miles the cars done and sort of driving so would really need to check it out.

Worth thinking about if you are replacing suspension which we are in this case.
Got a good price on the Ohlins now btw. :)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I don't know if there's any truth in this but I was told a few years ago that we get the jap imports through because when they reach 7 years old every rubber suspension bush must be replaced with new or the car could not be used on the road again.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you should ask this.
We have just fully re-bushed Harrys FD2 with a full set of Mugen bushes for exactly the same reason.

Guess it really depends on how many miles the cars done and sort of driving so would really need to check it out.

Worth thinking about if you are replacing suspension which we are in this case.
Got a good price on the Ohlins now btw. :)
Ok you can take a look when she has her annual service in the Spring.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I don't know if there's any truth in this but I was told a few years ago that we get the jap imports through because when they reach 7 years old every rubber suspension bush must be replaced with new or the car could not be used on the road again.
Think its more a case of just ages of cars on their roads but not 100%

1 - 6 of 6 Posts