2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Currently running Eibach 30mm drop and standard shocks (well back 2 are Bilstein) and have been getting some tyre rub for years on after-market wheels on the crappy roads around where I live.

However, I recently hit a massive pothole and there is now a metallic noise from the rear instead of the normal tyre rub but this will now push me to change the suspension as I am fed up having to reduce speed every time I see a pothole or dip in the road (mainly small country roads).

Consequently, what would you guys recommend. It is a daily driver and currently does not go on track but will do once a turbo is fitted! However, I do push it to the limit at times and am willing to sacrifice comfort for handling if necessary to avoid slowing down for every damn pothole or dip in the road.

Coilovers - Tein, KW? EDFC worthwhile?

Any thoughts

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have spacers? Meister Rs are spot on on my 2.2. They are leagues ahead of the Eibachs I had on my standard dampers.
Yes. there are spacers on. Needed for the BBK. Can't remember the size though at thd moment but know I cannot go any thinner!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
depends on offset and tyre width...

I have 17's ET38 and was stupidly low with no scrubbing... now got it at a better useable ride height and its fine, you just stiffen the dampers up.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having just checked, I am running Team Dynamics 1.2 with ET45, 15 mm spacers all round and 225/40 R18 ASM2 tyres along with the 30mm Eichback springs.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
I can't GUARANTEE that you won't get any rubbing because I'm not there to look at your setup. However, you can adjust the height and the damping, that should stop the scrubbing. They're WAY more versatile than lowering springs.

Is there anyone with the same setup on here as you and has.MeisterR's?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't GUARANTEE that you won't get any rubbing because I'm not there to look at your setup. However, you can adjust the height and the damping, that should stop the scrubbing. They're WAY more versatile than lowering springs.

Is there anyone with the same setup on here as you and has.MeisterR's?
Not aware of anyone having the same setup as nd with the Meisters. How easy is it to adjust tge height and damping and would it affect the FRS?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
Not aware of anyone having the same setup as nd with the Meisters. How easy is it to adjust tge height and damping and would it affect the FRS?

You're changing the complete suspension so you'll need to get the geometry redone. Height and damping is easy to do.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
@liamgdr recently sold his but had 18" TDs and Meisters not sure on his offset however.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems that the MeisterRs are the way forward. Did I not read on the forum that there were issues with noise on these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Think the early revision had a knock but didn't you say you retightened the top mount bolts and yours went @SilverCider ?

No odd noises from mine which are the newer CRD+

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Think the early revision had a knock but didn't you say you retightened the top mount bolts and yours went @SilverCider ?

No odd noises from mine which are the newer CRD+
Mine have an occasional tapping noise and everything is tight. The aluminum top mounts will transfer noise from the rest of the suspension so could be coming from anywhere.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spoke to Meister earlier today and they stated that there should be no noise from them at all, although as SilverCider says 'it could be transferred from the rest of the suspension'.

Anyway, ordered a new set of CRD+ for £787.55 delivered and we'll see.

What height do you recommend setting them at?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Spoke to Meister earlier today and they stated that there should be no noise from them at all, although as SilverCider says 'it could be transferred from the rest of the suspension'.

Grinspeed set my Meisters for a 20mm drop at the front and 10mm at the rear. I've got 6kg front and 5kg rear springs. Camber is -2.2 front and -1 rear. No toe anywhere (at my request: some go for a wilder setup though!). Adjustable damping set for softest it can be on road and gets hardened up on trackdays.

Setup works great for me. No rubbing with 18x8" TD 1.2s (ET45 offset) with a 10mm front spacer to clear brakes. Previously, some Eibach 25mm lowering springs were horrendous and my front arches took a kicking. This setup is loads better. Hope that helps.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts

There should be no noise from them. Mine have been brill since MeisterR sent me a pair of CRD front units.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts

What you doing with your Eibachs? Selling? Hint hint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What you doing with your Eibachs? Selling? Hint hint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose I will be selling them otherwise they will be rotting away in the garage!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts