2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, has anyone here had warranty repairs done to their car's front suspension? If yes, what was it?

My car has this noise when hitting bumps, potholes, uneven surfaces, steep driveways. It is coming from the passenger side. It is difficult to pinpoint because the noise is intermittent. But it temporarily disappears for a few days when the car gets wet from rain or carwash.. I'm guessing it could be the suspension..

Appreciate your responses.. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Yea I have had tie rod done on the front under warranty mate when I had a knocking noise plus when I had my car in for end of warranty inspection they told me they had replaced some suspension parts to be honest should of asked what they replaced but I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 1.8 ex gt is being worked as we speak for front suspension issues. Warrenty expires in march so luckily its all covered. But I was experiencing knocking sound over bumps and when turning sharply, after looking at it the are replacing the nearside front bearings on the suspension. Not sure that it'll do the job going by the info on the wiki, but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
My 1.8 ex gt is being worked as we speak for front suspension issues. Warrenty expires in march so luckily its all covered. But I was experiencing knocking sound over bumps and when turning sharply, after looking at it the are replacing the nearside front bearings on the suspension. Not sure that it'll do the job going by the info on the wiki, but we'll see.
Hi mate keep updated on your outcome thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, since diagnosis of the front suspension bearings last week the car was gradually sounding worse ever day, to the point I thought it was going to fall apart, knockings on all turns/bumps.

It went in this morning to be fixed and got it back just before 13:00 and have just taken it for a quick test drive, all sounds good :).

Hopefully there won't be a recurrence as the warranty runs out in 2 days.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had knocking from the rear, I found it to be the spare wheel that had come loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts