2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
My new one came with blue labelling whereas the old were white. That could easily be weather wear though.

They were definately misting oil. Got the covered rags in my boot still from when I took them down the tip once I swapped. The new ones say gas struts too on the specs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Yeah from what I've read gas shocks have oil in them too.

Great news though - I think they could well be my next purchase - will probably wait till tyres need changing - like I said, there's a bit of engine bay stripping to he done to get at the camber bolts in the coilovers.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Honda front shocks have a superceded part number now. I fitted a new front set and it drives way better than the originals. Not near as hard and bouncy. Looks like they finally sorted it out.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Is that for ctr only?.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Interesting

I run Meister r on mk8 for wife and although good for handling not good for comfort

I may go to oem shock on lowering spring but need absolute clarity that will make car comfortable so keeping eye on this thread

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm all about comfort done lowering stuff for years personally tbh in my opinion waste of money. Stick to OEM stuff just need good quality top mounts

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Am in need of a nsf shocker (leaking n knocking). What's the recommended?. should I replace in pairs?. I'll more likely end up getting something from eurocarparts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
Am in need of a nsf shocker (leaking n knocking). What's the recommended?. should I replace in pairs?. I'll more likely end up getting something from eurocarparts

they recommend replacing in pairs the originals are sachs shocks i've purchased the front and the rears from here. https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/car-brands/spare-parts-honda/civic-viii-hatchback-fn-fk/19242/10221/shock-absorber.html, i'm in the process of purchasing the whole lot the fronts the rears top mounts bearings drop links springs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
they recommend replacing in pairs the originals are sachs shocks i've purchased the front and the rears from here. https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/car-brands/spare-parts-honda/civic-viii-hatchback-fn-fk/19242/10221/shock-absorber.html, i'm in the process of purchasing the whole lot the fronts the rears top mounts bearings drop links springs.
I normally do that at work, but when it's me own car am like mmm mmm???? ha.
I noticed there is a lot of corrosion on the front coilsprings where the paint had flaked off. I was considering doing the lot as you mentioned. you can guarantee if I don't the spring or bearing will go!.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
I normally do that at work, but when it's me own car am like mmm mmm???? ha.
I noticed there is a lot of corrosion on the front coilsprings where the paint had flaked off. I was considering doing the lot as you mentioned. you can guarantee if I don't the spring or bearing will go!.

I occasionally get this twanging noise from the front not very often but when it happens you think something is going to break,had my mate who's a mechanic look at it but we couldn't find anything apart from a drop link ,but we both said it was probably the strut bearing seizing up ,so I went away and thought i'll buy the complete suspension the lot , the lowering springs I ordered are the eibach pro kit to be put on at the same time as the shocks..hopefully it should be a massive improvement..

·
Registered
294 Posts

Just found these on eBay £151 all set up easy to install as mine offside suspensions leaking went today at kwitfit and they quoted £140 each so defiantly they not installing the very best or genuine suspension in so decided to do myself what you guys recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You a link first these?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sorry pal I can't see it on eBay now looks like supplier have taken them off. I was even to late to order them

no worries seemed cheap thought I'd grab a bargin. back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've been looking around on that site. I'm a bit short on coin for the moment. so I've managed to get a second hand complete setup n/s for £40 Inc postage. looks a lot better nick than mine. planning to put coilovers on it in the future so hopefully tides me over 😨

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've been looking around on that site. I'm a bit short on coin for the moment. so I've managed to get a second hand complete setup n/s for £40 Inc postage. looks a lot better nick than mine. planning to put coilovers on it in the future so hopefully tides me over

Not a bad option to go with secondhand

21 - 40 of 42 Posts