2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question........

Are you allowed to stick a swap thread in the for sale section or is it only items that are for sale?

I.e swap red mats for blue mats or would I need to advertise my red mats with a price only?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Think you'd need to advertise them for sale with a price to comply with the rules but state you would be willing to accept a swap.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mmmmmmmmm see the item(s) I wanna get rid of (not mats by the way :p) I'd rather do a straight swap for their equivalent as I can't really do without if mine sold and I hadn't managed to source a replacement so the best way I thought to deal with that would be to swap with someone who had what I wanted and I had the thing they wanted?

Maybe a mod can clarify before I decide how to post before I break any rules or cause confusion?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
there is a swaps section within the cleaning section, I'm sure posting there will be ok
Thought that was JUST for cleaning stuff though?

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a swaps section within the cleaning section, I'm sure posting there will be ok
I noticed that but assumed that was more for cleaning products/accessories.

I will await clarification from a mod, however, if it's a no maybe a Swap section could be an idea? Would allow people to exchange items for others they may wish? I'm not a gamer but things like Xbox or PS3 games could be swapped between members once completed etc or as mentioned before 3 door mats could be swapped for 5 door mats if originally the wrong ones were purchased to save the hassle of selling and then sourcing again?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Yep good idea, a "general swaps" thread, sounds like a plan.
I think this has already been suggested recently but was turned down by the mods as you can swap stuff in the for sale section, you just have to set a price as well as per the rules.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Think you'd need to advertise them for sale with a price to comply with the rules but state you would be willing to accept a swap.
This.

Trading Rules said:
3. You must provide a fixed price when selling.Free items are not allowed, due to timewasting buyers. The price must be a fixed value, and not "offers above", "offers around", ONO, "open to offers" and so on. If you want to trade or swap an item, then that's fine, but you must still provide a price because inevitably someone will offer cash.

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Just advertise your item with a cash purchase price of £1,000,000.00 but would be willing to swap for <insert desired item here> :-D

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Just advertise your item with a cash purchase price of £1,000,000.00 but would be willing to swap for <insert desired item here> :-D
"Win - Win" if you ask me :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts