2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a test drive yesterday looks like I will trading in the civic for a 2.2 Ex accord, really impressed by the test drive.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I changed from a 57 reg petrol Civic to a 07 reg diesel Accord.

Although I initially loved my Civic, I got increasingly 'cheesed off' with the ride quality and having the stoop over to get my childseat in the back because of the sloping roofline - we found out my wife was expecting a week after buying the Civic!

I haven't for one minute regretted swapping to the Accord. The ride quality is so much better, the boot is similar in size, overall it is a much more relaxing car to own.

The dash may seem plain to start off with but I found in the Civic it is easy to be distracted by all the bright displays - the econo and rev lights going on and off, the speedo flickering between speeds, etc. With the Accord being plainer I have found I am concentrating more on the road, rather than the dash catching my attention when something changed or flickered!

Rear and over the shoulder view is a lot better in the Accord and I have found the seats with the lumbar adjustment a lot more comfortable.

It took a couple of days to get used being in a saloon type car rather than a hatchback, especially when reverse parking - the car doesn't end at the back window!!!

Dare I say the Accord is a more family orientated car compared to a single / couples type car that the Civic is?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I am afraid I was the complete opposite I had an 04 Accord Sport. It looked fantastic and it was comfortable to drive long distances. Unfortunately after a few months I just found it boring to drive and was completely uninspired by it and after 4 years of owning it I cold not wait to get rid of it. I can't really fault it as a car and I would certainly agree as a family car it is probably far easier to live with in that respect. The biggest let downs with the Accord for me were the handling, and the boot space. Whilst it has a huge boot, when you drop the seats to get something bigger in the restricted space at the back of the boot and the narrow boot opening just makes it impossible to get anything substantial in.

The Civic on the other hand, just has the type of drive I love and is practical as well. I have managed to transport stuff that with the much bigger Accord would have been impossible. Admittedly the Kids issues is not something that bothers me at the moment so that is not an influence.
But with over 2 1/2 years of owning a CTR I am still grinning like a maniac when I get out of it. My biggest problem at the moment is what to get when I next want to change my car? I just don't think anything will live up to what the Civic has given me, so it will probably have to be another one, but I think I can live with that :)

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The key is finding the car you like!

For me, I don't really get on with the suspension on the standard (EX) 06-08 Accords. Nice ride, but too soft. The sports suspension has a nice ride, and is firm. The Civic is firm, but with a poor ride. The 09 Accords are different, the standard ride is just firm enough with a nice ride, and the ATS is the firmest, with the ride suffering a tiny bit.

My Civic went back to the dealer countless times over it's 40,000 miles. The Accord hasn't had a thing wrong in 36,000.

The Civic has a bigger boot. The Accord is quieter and handles better. The Civic has a poor radio, but (IMO) a better dash than the 06-08 Accord. 06-08 Accords have poorer satnav (touch screen) whereas 09 Accords and Civics have the knob. The 09 Accord interior and overall quality trumps the lot.

You can go on and on! Personally, it's the Accord every time for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 09 Accord and although the Civic has the bigger boot and more flexible seating, and much as I love my civic the Accord just seemed so much better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts