2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

This is my first post in the forum and I am hoping I have put it in the right place.

Here is my problem. I have had the car about 2 weeks now and it drives absolutely fantastic, decent on fuel etc. I sometimes turn the car on an the check system light flashes up, this seems to happen once a day. I have not managed to get a picture of it or a video. It goes out instantly and i dont see it again till about another 5-10 starts.

Could anybody shed some light (no pun intended) on what the problem might be if there is one or is it just playing silly buggers?

Apologies, I forgot to put what car it was. Its a 2.2 Diesel on a 2006 plate.

Thank you in advance.

P.s My friend told me about this forum and i have been glued to it since. Your all a good bunch :)

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I'd get yourself a OBDII cable (USB) or bluetooth dongle if you have a smartphone (will need to download Torque app). You can read any error codes (current or old) sitting on the ECU. Very handy bit of kit to have for less than £15. Hope that helps.

Gaz

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,912 Posts
Not sure what engine you have, but pretty much it's a case of having to have the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) read using an OBD2 reader (plugs into the vehicle diagnostic socket)... otherwise it's just guessing! Buy one and use that, rather than paying a garage to do it, as it'll probably be cheaper. There's a thread somewhere with OBD2 reader recommendations, if you have an Android phone then get a bluetooth one and download the Torque app.

Welcome to Civinfo.

EDIT: Just beaten to it, but at least us Shropshire lads agree!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Not sure what engine you have, but pretty much it's a case of having to have the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) read using an OBD2 reader (plugs into the vehicle diagnostic socket)... otherwise it's just guessing! Buy one and use that, rather than paying a garage to do it, as it'll probably be cheaper. There's a thread somewhere with OBD2 reader recommendations, if you have an Android phone then get a bluetooth one and download the Torque app.

Welcome to Civinfo.

EDIT: Just beaten to it, but at least us Shropshire lads agree!
Shropshire lads and our other car is a 7th gen Accord. :) Sure we may have crossed paths on TypeAccord.

Gaz

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,912 Posts
Shropshire lads and our other car is a 7th gen Accord. :) Sure we may have crossed paths on TypeAccord.

Gaz
I don't really visit TA much anymore, as it seems to have become a bit quiet recently. We may even have crossed paths in the Telford area!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts