2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this happen a couple of times before the Christmas holidays - after a long (ish) run 45-60 minutes, I stopped (at a petrol station or similar) I then try to restart the car to continue my journey this is where I get System warning lights pinging in the following order (VSA, Airbag, Engine) and no response from the red button, usually until the engine seems to have cooled down I can't restart it.

I mentioned this to Crown Honda when it went in for the first MOT. They told me they found nothing wrong with her but they reset the ECU as a precautionary measure.

This has since happened a couple of more times over Christmas. Any ideas what it might be? Any one else had the same problem? I'm thinking it is definitely something electrical caused by overheating or faulty fuse.

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I have finally had enough. I am writing this whilst sat in crown Honda. Bushey. The problem is still occuring. I have been here an hour and a half. The front desk have just told me it's going to take another hour and a half for more diagnostics checks. Oh and that will cost me £90 plus vat. Checky feckers !!!!!

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically they don't know what's wrong. I wonder if a new engine is covered by waranty.

·
Registered
353 Posts
mmm had this in my ctr two or 3 times i put it down to the the imob playing up so disconneted battery reconnected it and open closed car with key a couple of times and it never happened again

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the end they updated the software on the ECU and remapped it.
It now drives like it's brand new - and the problem seems to have stopped.
It did cost me £90 + VAT though! Feckers!

Fingers crossed.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
In the end they updated the software on the ECU and remapped it.
It now drives like it's brand new - and the problem seems to have stopped.
It did cost me £90 + VAT though! Feckers!

Fingers crossed.
Is your car out of warranty?

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I extended the warranty in December - another 2 years!
I asked why I had to pay the £90+ and was told as nothing "needed replacing" the warranty did not cover it. Basically I think it was to cover the labour!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts