2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I'm after another piece of information to help me add little bits and pieces to my car. Before you ask, I am more of a gadgets person and the gadgets that I want to install, I already have them in the shed waiting to be installed. Which means, I'm not spending any extra money. Therefore, this mod is purely for aesthetics.

What I want to do is install an Autometer mini shift light and I would like to know if anyone knows the wire I need to tap in to to get the tach signal from?

Here is the link: http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorie ... aspx?vid=3

I have searched like crazy and spent countless hours looking for a workshop manual, but to no avail.

So if anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Once again, thanks in advance for the help and please don't laugh.

Cheers

Tony

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Definitely has to be a connection as you have the REV lights which indicate this to you on the 8G.

However finding it will be tricky as it's likely to be a data link that's interpreted by the control circuitry than a physical wire you can tap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good. Found the wire I was looking for. It helps when you make friends with the local Honda dealership.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
All good. Found the wire I was looking for. It helps when you make friends with the local Honda dealership.
Let us know what it is - I'm interested to know more as I didn't think it would be as simple as a wire tap!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know what it is - I'm interested to know more as I didn't think it would be as simple as a wire tap!
I'm still yet to test it. Just waiting upon the arrival of a shift light controller to set up the shift points. Once I get that, then I will connect everything up and hope for the best.

The Honda Dealer had told me that it will be as simple as a wire tap to the Tach wire off the ECU. He stated that the Tach Signal wire will send out the appropriate pulses to control the shift light controller or even a Monster Tacho.

OK. For the info you have all been waiting for........

The wire is a blue wire (pin #26) coming off the 31 pin ECU E connector.

If anyone wants to test the theory from my Honda Dealer, feel free and let us all hear your feedback.

As soon as I get all my other bits and peices, I'll test and let every one know.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Ah, getting it from the ECU side... that makes a lot more sense than trying to tap into the speedo cluster.
Now why didn't I think of that? :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts