2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the tail gate not lifting fully ,:( must be the gas struts gone faulty.:mad: Will have to ring dealers tomorrow, was hoping not to have to visit them again untill service time. :rolleyes: Oh well i`ll see what they say.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine is certainly not as sprightly as it was.
It used to lift all the way unaided, but I now have to push it up.
I will mention it to my dealer as well on it's first service.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine is also holding the door in position now, rather than lifting the door.

My assumption is that there is less internal gas pressure due to the colder weather. If it's still poor once the weather warms up next year, then it can go in as a warranty problem.

Biggest downside are the occasional headaches in the meantime. :confused:

·
Banned
477 Posts
Mine is also holding the door in position now, rather than lifting the door.

My assumption is that there is less internal gas pressure due to the colder weather. If it's still poor once the weather warms up next year, then it can go in as a warranty problem.
That is exactly how mine is too.. I took it to the service this morning and they said that it is due to contraction of the gas in the struts in the cold weather.
They offered to keep the car in warm ambiance and see if the problem persisted; but I had to drive so I did not leave the car. They said that if it does the same in warm, then they should be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does that mean Honda are giving away free Hard Hats For winter Motoring??? Going to see them tomorrow see what they say.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Normal Honda Responce

I suppose Honda will say as normal we know about it but do not consider it a problem
(this is the answer i got about my radio and the dash getting hot which is making the aircon sensor thick we are still in summer)

I was considering changing my car for a mercedes but looking at the forums they still have there faults and at a greater cost to buy

So Come on Honda Fix the faults on a otherwise great car

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Hat Needed

Put me down for one Got this fault mine you wouldn't have noticed it without this thread
so is that good or bad?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Now you know why you get a shower down your neck when you open the tailgate.

Because you're expecting to get wet, you lower your head to avoid the deluge and Honda hope that you therefore miss the not quite opened tailgate!

"Very funny Scotty! Now beam up my clothes!"

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
big words

Thanks Pottsy
What big words (thermodynamic gas laws) too much for me
My wife said you didn't even know you had a problem till you saw that somebody else had it. I think she is right time to enjoy not to moan

Have a happy New Year Everyone:eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same kind of problems too. They started way before the temperature started dropping. So I don't thinks it is caused by the weather. Still 7.000 km to go untill the next service-stop. So I will wait. I hope I'll get some new ones...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just came back from dealers, on way went to petrol station to fill up and couldn`t get fuel flap open, got it eventually, so mentioned this also. there`s a modified fuel flap assembly now available ( not the piece of foam) which they are going to fit as well as a new pair of tailgate struts.A Satisfactory result and i will let you know if it works when i get it done on tuesday.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
It all depends on the dealer!

Picked up my car today after its slightly overdue 12k service (13200!!!) and was anticipating the long list of issues I submitted to remain just as long and either unresolved or not identified etc etc.

Maybe I'm too cynical and have never experienced the high level of customer service that Honda are renowned for and contrary to expectations they have agreed to replace the rear hatch struts without going into any thermodynamic lectures or referral to Honda UK (- along with all the other issues). :D

Booked in for 2 weeks time when all the parts/courtesy car will be available. When the issue is obvious why can't we all be treated with respect and courtesy?

Thank you Avonvale Honda Northampton.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had my tailgate struts done when it went in for the recall work and the filler flap. Tailgate now goes all the way up on its own!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Just came back from dealers, on way went to petrol station to fill up and couldn`t get fuel flap open, got it eventually, so mentioned this also. there`s a modified fuel flap assembly now available ( not the piece of foam) which they are going to fit as well as a new pair of tailgate struts.A Satisfactory result and i will let you know if it works when i get it done on tuesday.
I had this modified fuel flap done a couple of weeks back and now fuel flap works perfectly.:D

·
Fallen Angel
1,229 Posts
Mine has been sat in a car park for a fortnight...went ot open it to put the cases in boot and it took a lot of persuasion to open and was then very unenthusiastic to raise......

1 - 20 of 145 Posts