2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to install the Takata harnesses into the FN2. Or any info on where I can get them fitted?

The bolts supplied with the kits are not long enough and wont grab the existing thread.

Thanks in advance :D

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Does anyone know how to install the Takata harnesses into the FN2. Or any info on where I can get them fitted?

The bolts supplied with the kits are not long enough and wont grab the existing thread.

Thanks in advance :D
I'm sure TypeRiter had them in his FN2, not seen him around for ages though. Have you done a search?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure TypeRiter had them in his FN2, not seen him around for ages though. Have you done a search?
Yeah done a quick search on here on fitting harnesses but came up dry. May check youtube and google later :worms: lol

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Colin. I think I need the eye bolt (Long) To fasten the lap belt i think I need to remove on of the bolts which holds the bar which the normal belt holds onto then replace this with the long bolt and secure the belt onto the eye hook. lol

I should be able to order a long eye bolt from screw fix or somewhere I like I would have thought or a builders merchants.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should be able to hook them up to the Isofix points on the rear seats...
The shoulder straps can be attached to the isofix points. Although Im sure this is right on the edge of the allowed angles. The issues I have come across is for the lower belts. I think you are suppose to replace the bolt which holds the seatbelt rail in place near the door but the thread isnt quite long enough. :facepalm: So wont get bite in the thread. I also tried and bolt which holds the seat in place but this time the thread of the eye bolt was a little too wide.
I have found the shop at Castle combe sells the eye bolts (long) for harness set up's so going to give them a call later just hope they are open. Off on a track day Thursday and want to use them for this as I find I still move about a lot in the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey murray, did you get the harnesses sorted out mate?
Yeah Colin. All sorting and installed in the car now. Took it around Llandow in Wales with a few other people from Rebelmotorsport Club and they were great cant fault them at all. Worth every penny

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
I take it they really hold you in your seat??
they eliminate all movement in the seat David, great for a trackday but pointless for normal day to day running, but with the eyelets murray used, you just unclip the harness after your done.
i have a cg lock on my seat belt, which acts as a tension stop on the buckle that clips into the seatbelt. you pull it as tight as you want and it pulls you into the seat to stop movement around your waist area, very clever little piece of kit. a harness is on my list though..lol

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah they hold you in place very very well. I improves your handling in a way too as you do not move one inch you can input small directions into the wheel without using the wheel to hold on to.
Like Colin said though they would be no good on normal day to day driving as it would get annoying and you can move around like you normally would (at junctions etc) from what ive heard the CG Lock is great. 2 drivers were also using the CG Lock on this trackday and these are fantastic for the money. Holds your bottom half right into the seat. But on trackdays until I hit some weights and fill out on top a bit or eat more pies I think the harness is a better option for me.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Yeah they hold you in place very very well. I improves your handling in a way too as you do not move one inch you can input small directions into the wheel without using the wheel to hold on to.
Like Colin said though they would be no good on normal day to day driving as it would get annoying and you can move around like you normally would (at junctions etc) from what ive heard the CG Lock is great. 2 drivers were also using the CG Lock on this trackday and these are fantastic for the money. Holds your bottom half right into the seat. But on trackdays until I hit some weights and fill out on top a bit or eat more pies I think the harness is a better option for me.
I might be OK without a harness then as I do like my pies! :)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I might be OK without a harness then as I do like my pies! :)
Your going to the Silverstone meet?? If you are have a seat inside and try them on. I leave them in the car tucked away down the sides as ive kept my normal belts in to use for road use.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I leave them in the car tucked away down the sides as ive kept my normal belts in to use for road use.
Thats the same as me, I only put it up for shows & stuff like that..to impractical for everyday driving, especially when I have to lean halfway out the car to swipe out of my works car park. Lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts