2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, Chinese Takeaway hook!

My mates Mercedes has a hook that flips down where the glove box handle is and you can hang carrier bags with your takeaway that you've just collected and are driving home with.

Nothing worse than curry sauce leaking out so you don't want to put grease or other things on your front seat, you can't put it in the footwell as it flies everywhere when you go around corners....

Believe it or not this simple hook on his Merc works wonders!

My only 2 irritations:

1) no glovebox connection for an iPod/mp3 player
2) no takeaway hook

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
You could use the hook on the underside of the parcel shelf.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't even know I had one yet, thanks I'll check that out, what a tip! :)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I think it is designed to hold the false boot bottom lid up when you are trying to get into it.

You could always try the coat hanger on the rear "oh s**t!" handle. That would look better than a suit jacket or a row of shirts.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The hook isn't too good for holding bags! It is completely level and parallel to the floor (no 'hook' part) so as soon as you accelerate, the handle of the bags just slide back and off the hook!

A good way to fic this problem is to gibe the take away place a ring and get them to deliver the food! problem solved!

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
The centre console arm rest(without CD rack) is big enough for 2 main courses and egg rice. Or get it delivered. Just don't do like I once did, had the indian in a box on the passenger seat, a car pulled out in front of me, I dropped the anchors and every tub emptied its contents, all down the dash, into the glovebox and all over the floor. The car smelt fantastic for weeks.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, great responses! :D

No takeaway's get delivered since getting the Civic, it's an excuse to go have a play in your new-ish toy ;)

Takeaway hook problem is solved for me, there are at least 6 kids in my road ALWAYS willing to come out in my KnightRider car and hold the takeaway bags for me these days!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts