2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No more excuses; time to empty my wallet make an investment.

So far, this is what's on the shopping list

A set of Tomason TN1 18"s (thanks to those who commented on my other thread)
Eibach springs (25mm as it's a 2.2)
15mm spacers for the rear
FRS

Now I have a few questions:
Tyre profile; 225/40 or 225/35? Is there a big difference?
Is there anything else I should get done? (I'll get either ABP or TDI South to do the FRS depending on where I am when pay day arrives...)
I've sourced the springs and spacers but if anyone has a recommendation I'd be willing to pay more for better sales service.

Just want to make sure whilst the car is in everything is done rather than return trips, as filling the tank is expensive these days!
Really looking forward to seeing what she'll be like afterwards :D

No idea what to set as the required thread prefix so "Suspension" will do!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
personally i would stick with the 40 or even go up to 45. Might sound odd but the optical illusion of less gap round the wheel in the wheel well will make the car look alot lower than 25mm.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry i cant be of much help but i like the wheels you are after. what colour you going for?
No worries mate; probably going to go with the standard for now (like this) and maybe powder-coat them a little later. Was originally looking at black but the Mrs didn't like... and keeping her happy means I stay happy!

personally i would stick with the 40 or even go up to 45. Might sound odd but the optical illusion of less gap round the wheel in the wheel well will make the car look alot lower than 25mm.
Thanks Mike - I've got 45's on at the moment and they're a bit too thick for me so will go with the 40s.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers, 40's it is.

Someone on here wrote a very useful guide on changing the springs (;)) so I'll be following that - will do the droplinks at the same time. Probably best to intend to do them, that way I can't get annoyed with myself for ****ing one up when taking it off for the springs!
I'll hold off on the spacers too - can always fit them later if needed, and I'll get the camber bolts done when I get the FRS so no need to do them yet I guess.

Can't seem to find the links on eBay - anyone point me to a pair?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I get a quick confirmation that those link rods are the correct ones? Going to order up a bunch of stuff this week.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Ignore that last, found them. HONDA CIVIC 2006-2010 FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR LINK RODS x2 | eBay
Needed to search for roll bar links rather than drop links.
They are the ones mate, I changed mine two weeks ago, it only took me 30 mins to do both sides easy, Just remember to spray the thread area with wd 40 or penetrating spray first and leave.

Then use an allen key and spanner, I think it was a 13mm spanner to undo bolt.

Jack the car and put on axle stand and then put the jack under the arm and then raise the lower arm and you will see the drop arm move up so that you can it out and replace with new one.

Do not struggle use the jack!

Hope this helps, easy job and much better feel to car handling;););)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Mine stripped the threads when the nut was half way down the spindle and the seller didn't want to know.

You pays your moneys and all that. I got replacements from Euro Car parts and they are much better quality

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
They are the ones mate, I changed mine two weeks ago, it only took me 30 mins to do both sides easy, Just remember to spray the thread area with wd 40 or penetrating spray first and leave.

Then use an allen key and spanner, I think it was a 13mm spanner to undo bolt.

Jack the car and put on axle stand and then put the jack under the arm and then raise the lower arm and you will see the drop arm move up so that you can it out and replace with new one.

Do not struggle use the jack!

Hope this helps, easy job and much better feel to car handling;););)
I did mine recently but only the front, didn't notice much difference. Did you do all round? Is it easy to do all round? I also got from ebay, as dealer wanted £45 for each side!

I'd stick to profile 40 too Syx, as the lower you go more likely to kerb it! And ride maybe more harsh too... As if it wasn't already.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The links are only on the front mate, so you did them all ;)

Definitely going to go with the 225/40, got some T1Rs lined up there but won't be able to afford everything together so just getting the Eibachs and links done until the next pay cheque!

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
The links are only on the front mate, so you did them all ;)

Definitely going to go with the 225/40, got some T1Rs lined up there but won't be able to afford everything together so just getting the Eibachs and links done until the next pay cheque!
Oh is it, I thought they were all round thats what my mechanic said, maybe cos he's got a 7th gen and have them on all round ??

I only did the fronts cos I could hear a slight spongy noise when going over ramps. Which seems to be still there, so prob wasn't the links. Also there was a slight play advisory from Mot, so had them changed when replacing my pads.

Any idea what the noise could be? I've read a few posts about bump stops, is this located at front or rear of the car? Could it be that...?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.