2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted 18 & 19.08.08 in the city of Tallinn - I stopped photographing them after a while because the city was full of Civics!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Yes, there are Civics everywhere :p But I think mine is still the only one with the civinfo sticker.

But seriously, it sometimes gets ridiculous over here. Once I was standing at the lights and I had one spaceship to the left of me and two to the right. So that was a sight, standing there, 4 in a row.

A week ago I was looking for a parking space and I found one just next to a civic EXACTLY like mine(1.8 Sport Galaxy Grey). And when I stepped out I saw that 5 of the nearest 10 cars were all spaceships :D

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did you take your car on the ferry Hurricane?
If so, how much Saku can you fit in the boot? :D
Nah, it was a work trip/seminar so we had our own bus - much more room for a few cases of Saku! lol :cheers::beer::beerglass::dancing2:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Did you take your car on the ferry Hurricane?
If so, how much Saku can you fit in the boot? :D
What is with you foreigners and Saku?? You know it is not the best beer from Estonia!!;)
When I drink Estonian stuff then I don't drink Saku (OK, I sometimes drink Carlsberg, which is made under license by Saku).

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is with you foreigners and Saku?? You know it is not the best beer from Estonia!!;)
When I drink Estonian stuff then I don't drink Saku (OK, I sometimes drink Carlsberg, which is made under license by Saku).
So what should we drink? And what can we buy in cans to carry back to Finland? I have to say that I do like the taste of Saku (the stronger one, 5.5% is it?), when compared with Finnish beers...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
If you want stuff in cans then I have to admit that the choice is pretty poor. And if you buy the stuff in the small cans(0.33l) then it is the export stuff. So it is a bit stronger than the regular stuff that we buy. For example Saku Originaal export is about 5,5%, but the local stuff is 4,7%(from memory), and the same goes for A Le Coq Premium export.

Personally I prefer the A Le Coq over Saku. But if you want something different I would suggest A Le Coq Aleksander or then Saku Kuld (you can get this in 0,5l cans). But actually I hardly drink Estonina stuff anymore. I like the Czech stuff and Heineken[smilie=tongue.gif]

Viinaralli jatkuu!! :D

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I prefer Czech beers myself, but on a trip to Tallinn, it is almost compulsory to buy as much Saku as you can carry (I think for Finns it actually states in their passports that they have to buy it. ;))! At around only 12 euro for 24 cans, it is too cheap not to buy! Much cheaper than here. lol

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I never said it was my favourite....
But it is the most commonly available in Talinn I find.

I asked one bartender what kind of beer they had.
"We have every kind of beer" he replied...
I said: "Really??..."
"Yes, we have light Saku and dark Saku" came the reply.

For Estonian beer I prefer A Le Coq (I think it was called) or Rock (just because the name is cool). :thrasher:

Otherwise, English, Irish and Czech, but I like to drink local beer when I travel. :D

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Well, I've started to appreciate the price of beer back home. I'm currently in Greenland and the price of alcohol is horrendous.

For example - a 0.33l bottle of Carlsberg will cost you well over 2€.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts