2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Much as I love to see photos of new cars - could you run them through the photoshop mangle to resize them a bit?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
you really need to resize the pics and also the car would even better with colour codded bumpers and arches

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The size is fine, you just need a slightly faster connection! Big pictures are great, they can be printed big, used as wallpaper and photochopped easier than small ones. Just need an extra 60 seconds to load them - they shrink to the 800px width anywho. Full Res FTW

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
The size is fine, you just need a slightly faster connection! Big pictures are great, they can be printed big, used as wallpaper and photochopped easier than small ones. Just need an extra 60 seconds to load them - they shrink to the 800px width anywho. Full Res FTW
I think they take up extra bandwidth... so resizing them seems reasonable

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only my bandwidth...

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Very nice looking car :D Orange does look nice in those pics :)

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Unfortunately for us here in the sticks/the limited upload capacity of the hosting connection/it loads them each time I view the thread - I'm thinking might be a good idea to resize them :)

5+mb a picture? Bloody hell mate....

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
I've got 2MB connection and it's taking ages, think I will just look at another tangerine on another thread as this is torture.

Sorry, bet it looks cool though.

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Here you go mate, build the forum tags like this:

Basically the above will let people have access to the full res if they want it, but not annoy the hell out of people who try and load the thread.

I've resized the images and uploaded them:

[.img]www.afwoodwardandsons.co.uk/civ/civ1.jpg[./img]

civ1 civ2 civ3 civ4 civ5 civ6 civ7 civ8 civ9 civ10 civ11 civ12 civ13 civ14 civ15 civ16

are there for you :)

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Wow that is taking a bloody age.

I'd either upload them using the forum software (auto resize) or do it manually.

I'm bored to tears, doubt it is worth the hassle.

Your neighbours should open their curtains during the day and from what I can see of the photo your exhaust pipe is in need of cleaning... a resize would be beneficial...

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Still waiting for the last half but the first half, I'll add my two cents worth.

Lovely car, love tangerine if I could have found one I'd probably have bought it instead of NHB. Your alloys are pretty mean too. Consider getting the trim painted too, then think you'd look awesome. I'm still waiting for some of the photos though, and I'm on a pretty good broadband connection!

I like the last one a lot, even though it was the last to load!

·
Registered
153 Posts
love the car, image kit and blades look the part. I have the same in Milano Red. Would not get the whole car colour coded. Think the black contrasts well with the panoramic glass roof and the dark 18" blades. Full colour coding would be too much imo.

Good luck with it!!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
In defference to our users who are less than 10Meg broadband, I've resized the pics in the original post.

Each one is now about 90Kb, giving about 1.2Mb in total instead of the 4-5Mb per pic (89Mb total) that was originally coming down.

Clicking on each small pic will open up the 90Kb to see in 800x600(ish) size
Clicking on the link under each pic will open the original in full 4-5Mb glory :)

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for resizing them. I guess us Londoners are lucky with our connections, page takes about 2 mins to load at home and 40 seconds from work :D

I probably would have resized them if they were especially for here, but as they were already on my server linking to them was easier. Plus with some of you moaning about it like you were doing me a favor by looking at them I thought I'd just keep them how they were...

I'm bored to tears, doubt it is worth the hassle.

Your neighbours should open their curtains during the day and from what I can see of the photo your exhaust pipe is in need of cleaning...
Jog on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts