2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since owning the car from November last year a rather annoying rattle/tapping noise coming from somewhere near the the door pillar has developed and steadily got worst over the past few weeks. At first I thought it could be some wiring etc but I'm starting to think it's resulting from the body 'flexing', maybe at the junction of the glass roof, as it also happens at very slow speed.

Any views if this is worth investigating further ie I was thinking of removing the roof rail to see what's happening under there?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Sounds like I have the same problem.
I have spoken to a guy at work who used to work at honda and he tells me it is more than likely a cable that has come away inside the headlining.
I have got hold of the honda instructions on how to remove the headlining and have been told it should take no more than a couple of hours to remove and refit.
Once the weather improves I will have a go.
Drop me a pm if you want the instructions and I will get them to you somehow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that, only just spotted your reply!

Just been for a drive with a colleague sat in the back. Turns out it's the nearside rear seat knocking, possible on the catch or plastic trims tapping together. I could have sworn it was coming from the roof.

He said the parcel shelf is also making squeeking/rattling noises. Anyone got a solution for this?

EDIT

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wiki-article-discussion/66276-fixed-squeeky-parcel-shelf.html

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**Update**

After locating the source of the knocking noise, I put some tape on the hook the seat locks onto, this made the noise even worse!

Last weekend I stripped out the interior and I found that the mounting plate for the hook was tapping against the bodywork. A few sticky backed felt pads sorted it.

Is there a rattle database where this could be logged?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts