2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a civic type-r, I have had a clicking/tapping noise for most of the time I have had the car. Dealers believe it could be the windowscreen, the engineer test drove it and removed some clips from the windowscreen because he thought that would be the problem but noise still occured. Now they are going to remove and reinstall the windowscreen thinking it has been incorrectly installed. I really hope this solves the issue, has anyone else had this done? results?

A

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I would urge you to get the dealer to rule out all these other possibilities, especially the cowl and upper seal, before letting them replace the screen. Dealers are very poor at diagnosing these sort of problems, they can't afford the time as I think they don't get paid for it. Don't forget, screen replacement carries the risk of scatched paintwork, maybe out of sight behind trim, until it goes rusty in a year or so.

On the bright side, replacing the screen will probably fix the problem since it requires removal of the cowl and also makes it easy to check the clearance between glass and interior plastics.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Hello,

I have a civic type-r, I have had a clicking/tapping noise for most of the time I have had the car. Dealers believe it could be the windowscreen, the engineer test drove it and removed some clips from the windowscreen because he thought that would be the problem but noise still occured. Now they are going to remove and reinstall the windowscreen thinking it has been incorrectly installed. I really hope this solves the issue, has anyone else had this done? results?

A
I've had the clips removed, but still get the noise. Not sure whether I will have the screen refitted though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the screen refitted and still no good. I am now under the impression that it is not the window screen. Its bugging me soooo much now. What else could it be? subframe? suspension?? back to the dealers who are sick to death of m car on their forecourt.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats why there is a warranty. I dont mind some rattles but this noise is very disconcerting.. more mechanical

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm sorry to say that is what happens when dealers dive in without a thorough investigation. How hard can it be for a dealer to locate the source of a noise, it just takes time and patience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts