2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Ive heard on other cars,especially peugeot,the tapping you describe can be the duel mass flywheel(DMF) starting to rattle.Eventually breaking up.Not sure if this is common on Honda
I do hope your wrong [smilie=wrygrin.gif] having said that it has already had the fly wheel replaced once in its life and the car is at about 80k

Having said that, before I was informed how damaging it could be I would very often cruise in traffic below 1500 rev more like just over tick over... apparently this is harmful to the DMF, hmmm could be a bit of panic saving!

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,851 Posts
Ive heard on other cars,especially peugeot,the tapping you describe can be the duel mass flywheel(DMF) starting to rattle.Eventually breaking up.Not sure if this is common on Honda
You might be right, it's not uncommon for i-CTDi DMFs to fail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, all.

Finally got a chance to look at the car and yes Jon G it was the injector seal.

Got that sorted today, difficult to get to, without taking out all the wiper housing etc.

But now smooth and silent again.

Thanks for the advice hope this helps other members aswell.

Much appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A long time since the last post on the thread, called on a mechanic mate who diagnosed a cracked manifold.

Had it replaced free by Honda, apparently its a fault so is covered for a longer warranty period. Back to standard and a happy bunny :)

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
A long time since the last post on the thread, called on a mechanic mate who diagnosed a cracked manifold.

Had it replaced free by Honda, apparently its a fault so is covered for a longer warranty period. Back to standard and a happy bunny :)
How did your friend manage to see the crack? I have a similar tapping noise from mine, though looking at the other manifold threads I don't have the bad mpg that some of them had!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
How did your friend manage to see the crack? I have a similar tapping noise from mine, though looking at the other manifold threads I don't have the bad mpg that some of them had!
Couldn't see the crack, to be honest he heard it as I drove down the road to meet him. Once the bonnet was up and I revved the engine a couple of times he confirmed. Guess when you have been working on cars for years you can tell these sorts of things.

Think it was as long as the car was under 7yr old and <125k mile, didn't need to see the service history either.

I didn't really have lower mpg, well not that I noticed. Was a slightly longer delay in the turbo kicking in and only occasionally smelt fumes

·
Registered
48 Posts
My fathers Passat developed a knocking noise from the rear of the car when driving about, he took it to the mechanic who was able to diagnose his golf balls had fallen under the boot liner and where bouncing round with the spare wheel :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's been a long time since anyone's posted on this thread but having a similar problem, I've got a tapping noise when accelerating and on start up when cold. There isn't any smells of diesel in or around the car. But the only thing I have noticed is a slight lack in power, my check engine oil light came on so I topped it up straight away but now I have the tapping noise. Sounds like tappets but unsure. Any advice would be awesome

Matt

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts