2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed today a tappy noise when idle, oil level is at the top. Got 71k miles on clock had oil change 3000 miles ago

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Doesn't sound too tappy in the video mate...was the engine quite cold on the vid?...I'd check it after driving as the type r do take a while to warm up sometimes can sound a little tricky before fully warm...do you notice a tapping when driving?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's warm there, only yesterday I noticed how loud it was. I had radio off sat at traffic lights and could hear it inside. I'll take it for a drive in a Sec and get another video and put it on here

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Be sure to establish that it is the engine bay that the noise is coming from and not the manifold/cat.....

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just gave it some abuse (sticking to speed limits) and seems to quieter now hmmm! But going book it on for valve clearance anyway seeing as no evidence of them ever being done previous to me owning her

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So do I haha, won't be happy if it's an expensive one! Soon as I start putting mods on it thinks I should spend more haha

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Yeh valve clearances are only bout 100 from honda so defo worth doing...cheaper than replacing the head thats for sure

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Decent enough oil then. Id look at changing the oil whenever its done 5/6k or a year. I'm currently on the new castrol edge 0w30 C3, oil and filter from dealers.

But yea get it booked in for the clearances and report back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts